Problem Please Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajk123
Human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: YEH!! BABY!!! Reply with quote
Just brought a new dell pc, and yes it works not had a problem in ages, just fully downloaded tse 1.04 again with music and works fine, fingers crossed it continues to work Confused Laughing
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Myrph, unfortunately the only way to get around that problem at the moment is to use the music-less version ( www.thespiritengine.com/Files/TSEBuild0615musicstrip.exe ) or try running it on another PC.

I have tried setting TSE-1 up to run with an updated version of the mod plugin but the bad state of the old game code means that I have created as many problems as I have solved so far.
Myrph
Human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darn, that sucks...

Oh well, at least I've downloaded the soundtrack, so I can listen to that at the same time ;p
monsoonasiian
Human

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have an issue with the no soundtrack tse version when i fight something, the opponents attack sound would repeat over and over even when i escape the game to the main menu and the game freezes unless i keep switching can characters around can anybody help Sad Sad Sad
YanPL-tse
Human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bug in version 619 - some weird error in world two after freeing Adrian's soul. Windows blames it on modfusion.cox
The bug repeats; in fact, each time I win two battles or exit area after winning first, the bug occurs, game crashes and some debug-related data is shown. I didn't messed up with savegame and I didn't over-trained my party so that's not the reason. It just happens when I play.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
monsoonasiian - I am afraid there is nothing that I can do about such a problem with sound effects, as it is an issue between the underlying MMF 1.5 runtime and your PC. I can only advise trying to find another PC to play on.

YanPL-tse - Was 619 the beta version I put up with the updated version of Modfusion? It is really hard for me to assess how effective these fixes are because I can't recreate the crashes myself on any of my PCs.

The modfusion.cox crashes are rather perplexing. I am wondering whether it is an issue with modern PCs/versions of Windows, because I don't recall the issue ever coming up during testing before the release ( because we sure as hell would have noticed it ) and don't remember many if any reports of this in the year after release. The newest PC I have at home here to test on is almost 4.5 years old itself.
monsoonasiian
Human

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well i've been using my new laptop latley since my old computer chrashed anyway my new laptop has got the latest windows xp home edition anyway i never had that problem on my old computer it's a pretty werid bug. my old computer is fixed and i've justed installed Vista home premium it looks ok i just really wanna get the most up to date version of TSE Very Happy Very Happy please i just don't want to install the old dodgey version on my old PC User CD well yeah thats about it Very Happy Very Happy
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The most up to date version should still be 104, available at http://www.sendspace.com/file/l1lqxb. The other versions in this thread are beta versions where I have been trying to ( remotely ) debug the music issues.
I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with the game. It is hard for me to fix these issues with the limited resources I have at home. Sad

Is it your Vista PC on which you are experiencing the sound effect problems? I have read occasionally of similar Vista sound issues with Eternal Daughter, a popular freeware platformer also written in MMF 1.5
YanPL-tse
Human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, my bug is rather kinda not related to OS, since I'm still using w98se. New games are also playable, but i'm not sure about if I've started over again and got to same location i'd got the same bug.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
YanPL - I expect that restarting the game would make no difference. You might have to use beta 615 ( www.thespiritengine.com/Files/TSEBuild0615musicstrip.exe ) to get through such sections.
I need to take a look and see whether these crashes happen on all machines and whether they can be avoided by rewriting the code calling the music. It's painful, I cannot bear to look at TSE-1 any more. Wink A lot of playtesting would be required and I don't want to release it as an offical patch until I know that it works properly.

Fun stats: Windows visiters to tse.com ( % of total Windows users ):

XP - 76.7 %
Vista - 10.4 %
2000 - 2.1 %
98 - 1.8 %

There were even 19 hits from Windows CE, which I thought was cool. Very Happy
Myrph
Human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hooray for windows CE! I still have a palmtop floating around here that uses that OS... I really ought to dig it out again! It was fun! ;p
YanPL-tse
Human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hooray for w98! it's still most bugless of all releases of windows. Other computers in my home which use XP got some "hacked by godzilla" and spam/trojan/steal/adware viruses, when my old system is not clever enough to run them.
ze10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was wondering if the sound bug is fixed or if it's in the way of getting fixed. This game is nice and I wish to play it with music...
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to fix this last year and failed. So much difficult work would be required to try again with no guarentee of success. I would like to try but the time and the willpower are not available to me now. Sad I'm sorry about this.
ze10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is too bad. I really wanted to enjoy this game to its full potential. Afterall, it's rare to see a free independent game with such quality. =(
Guess I'll have to go with the "music-less" version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: