Serious TSE Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Anyone else had this problem?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
No, and I've played through.
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi DarkEmperor.
Do you mean that the music has stopped working for you once you installed the 103->104 patch onto the 103 version of the game?

Unfortunately there is no practical way to speed up the download on dialup, unless you are looking for individual files from the installation.

I am likely to be away for a week after posting, so I won't be available to respond to you immediately. Sorry about this.

I am still working on the updated version of the game, but I'm very busy at the moment moving abroad to take up a new job and it will be longer still before I can find time to get back to it. Sorry folks. Sad
DarkEmperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's fine.

The music wasn't what got me hooked on The Spirit Engine anyway. Very Happy
Good luck with your new job, I hope it all works out fine for you.

Smile
blindvisionary
Human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Great news! Reply with quote
I recently remembered that TSE2 should be coming out soon, and to my surprise is appears the release is four days from now! To top it off, the music issue will be taken care of in the new game, as it's been switched to streaming. Everything I had reservations about has been fixed. I will certainly be one of the first buyers!
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your support! Plus, the MMF1.5 problems you were experiencing are gone too, we switched to MMF2. There is a one level engine test under the "Setting the Release Date" thread that you might want to have a look at. Let us know if you can break it. (Make sure you get the bottommost link, but I think they're the same?).
asdaa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welp it still keeps crashing on me, combined with the dumb saves system (I mean, checkpoints are so 1999) it's getting extremely annoying.
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
blindvisionary wrote:
My new laptop displays this different message:

Multimedia Fusion Stand Alone Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I have this same problem now, and it does seem to occur when the music changes. I don't think it is my laptop though, because I seem to remember after a certain point in time my old computer had done this too, even though for a long time at first there had been no such bugs at all. I wonder, though, if iy was maybe caused by MMF upgrading or something and rendering the game unstable (actually, I don't even know if MMF is something used to make the program or something to run it, or how if ever it updates. But I know there didn't used to be a problem, and then there spontaneously was one on the same computer). It's a really frustrating bug, since it strikes at random, usually right after combat and this game encourages only saving occasionally; it renders it more or less unplayable.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortunately, with the state that TSE1 is in, I don't see myself being able to fix this problem. There is perhaps 2 weeks of very tedious work involved with trying to fix and test it and I just don't have that sort of time or patience available for the forseeable future.

I really wish I did, but the code for TSE1 is a horrible mess, and trying to make even the simplest changes is enough to drive you crazy.
psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I seem to be having the exact same problem.

The error reads...Macromedia fusion standalone application has stopped working.

The message always pops out after battle.I remember when I played the game on my older computer there were no bugs, but now as im playing on the new machine with vista ultimate this problem occurs all the time.

So i tried to download the exe without music but i think the link is broken because that file isnt working for me, it says when run "unable to locate component...CNCS232.dll file is missing"

...so could you re-up the file without music that would work with a vista x64....thanks
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi psychokiller,

The music-less .exe needs to be placed into the same directory as the main game has already been installed to. This directory should include, among other files, cncs232.dll

Give that a try, and let me know if it still doesn't work.
psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mark Pay wrote:
Hi psychokiller,

The music-less .exe needs to be placed into the same directory as the main game has already been installed to. This directory should include, among other files, cncs232.dll

Give that a try, and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Yea,I oversaw that,its working just fine now,although to me the music,especially the effects are real irritating,maybe you should have included the mute option,for us that listen to...

Oh,and a question,how in the hell did you end up having the sharpshoot skilled 30 by the time youre in the arcane library,that had to have included some tanking...
GaryDelgado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
psychokiller wrote:

So i tried to download the exe without music but i think the link is broken because that file isnt working for me, it says when run "unable to locate component...CNCS232.dll file is missing"

hi,
You can get cncs232.dll file from the link. This will help you in case of missing or downloading dll.
and will repair it if it's corrupted.

http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/cncs232.dll/

Regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: