Mr Nobody's Skills Guide - have your say

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Nobody
Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Mr Nobody's Skills Guide - have your say Reply with quote
I know you all have criticisms about my guide so tell them to me. I am updating the skills guide heavily. It is like starting from scratch. It will probably be finished early next year.
DarkEmperor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, MrNobody.

Could you put in recharging into your guide?
That would be a big help for people who are just starting.
Mr Nobody
Human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Recharge being done Reply with quote
Recharging is definitely being done.
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just started a game testing your favourite Power Shot.
Let?s see if it really works better than sharpshoot!! Wink
Mr Nobody
Human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Sometimes it isn't Reply with quote
If the power shot hits at least two people, it is far better than sharpshoot. But when battling one enemy, and especially when it is a Large one eg. the Final Boss, sharpshoot is much more effective.
I would use powershot in the first half of the game and after djan (the person who removes skill points), i would change to something more effective like magic bullet, dynamite or sharpshoot.
chaos-tse
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It does not make sense to calculate theoretical damage without factoring critical aspects such as damage bonuses/penalties (e.g. for large enemies), shields, and mana. Powershot, for example, while being a decent alternative for the beginning of the game, is almost useless in the later worlds due to shielded enemies (true also for dynamite, speedfire etc. for the same reason). Also, any ?fast? attack uses up mana more quickly and is therefore a lot less potent in medium/long battles than what you have calculated.

Moreover, you cannot only consider the skills in isolation since choosing one skill with a certain character often prevents you from choosing another skill with the character that is best suited for it.

The ultimate test of what skills work best is how fast they allow you to finish the game. With some optimizations of the strategy in my walkthrough (Peter - Sharpshoot, Zepher - Party Heal, Matthieu - HotG), I?ve managed to finish the game in 1 hour and 47 minutes:

World 1: 21 min

World 2: 22 min

World 3: 21 min

World 4: 27 min

World 5: 16 min

If you find a more efficient combination of skills, let me know.
Mr Nobody
Human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote
I agree that would be the best combination. My first guide was horrible! I'll finish the new one soon. Sorry, I have school work!
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should do a speedrun of the game!
You know, where they record a game in the fastest time possible. Then post it on youtube or something, that'd be cool. :>
chaos-tse
Human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did just that recently. The run turned out quite nicely. Hoping to have it hosted on freewareruns.com. Here's a link to the thread (and the movie files).

http://freewareruns.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37
Mr Nobody
Human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Mr Nobody's TSE Skills Guide 2 Reply with quote
Can we all stay on topic? Anyway, version 2 of my skills guide is going to be available tomorrow. It is based on a program I've written. It is more accurate than the first one. I hope you will enjoy it. I'll be adding attack bonuses in a later version. I'll be updating the program along with the guide.
devastator-tse
Human

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Can't find Skill Guide 2 Reply with quote
Where is it? is it done? or is it hard to find?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: