Sidequest List?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davzz
Human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Sidequest List? Reply with quote
I'm replaying this game after a long long hiatus.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a listing of sidequests and character-specific events (well, only those with rewards).

World 1
Mr Grimes Briefcase: This one is pretty obvious. You probably don't even have to try to complete this one.

Matthieu (Skill): By talking to some quarreling villagers to get some HoTG points.

World 2:
Favored Drapes: From where you start, head right and pay the man 90 gold. When the reach the next town, one of the villagers will give you this item.

Clementas (Fight): He gets to fight a boss that gives him Holy Bolt and Silver Bullet skill points as a reward.

World 3:
Zepher: In the last "town area", talk to the doctor/priest to get some skill points in Party Heal for Zepher

Amulet/Armor: At one point you have to do an errand for the miltary to progress.

I believe you get the Translucent Amulet of the Heavens if you do the bridge quest first, then the rescue quest, and you get the Carven Oaken Armor if you do it the other way round from the leader.

World 4:
Samuel (Fight): You get to fight a one on one fight with some guy, it's really slow and painful and once you're done, you get some skill points IIRC.

Paladin Golden Fleece (and possibly something else): Okay, this is the one I need help with, I recall you being able to get the Paladin Golden Fleece, which is a very very good armor from Tza Tze, but I can't figure out the conditions to do it, I think it has something to do with doing the quests in a certain order... and there's probably an item from Aegin as well.

World 5:
Peter's Crafted Golden Rifle: Just go left a bit from the start and talk to the Butler.

Probably missing some, so give me some help if you have gotten any of the quests recently.
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

Paladin Golden Fleece (and possibly something else): Okay, this is the one I need help with, I recall you being able to get the Paladin Golden Fleece, which is a very very good armor from Tza Tze, but I can't figure out the conditions to do it, I think it has something to do with doing the quests in a certain order... and there's probably an item from Aegin as well.

You need Tza Tze OR Aegin Quest to rise the bridge to Granael.
If you begin with Aegin: Tza Tze gives you the Fleece as reward, the other way you get a Speed Tunic (Armor) from Aegin (the fleece seems to be more useful, being a strong Armor AND giving back health in battle)
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Clara gets a Skeleton Talisman of Life Drain in 2nd Town of World 2 (from a blonde Guy)
Pippa gets a Rainbow Talisman in World 4 (Magi Retreat)

But I think you get those automatically

If I remember right: Eissford gets some extra skillpoints in the library (End of World 4)that are easy to miss (she can read more books there than Samuel and Matthieu)

Edward can improve his Dynamite skills a lot by talking to the Pyromaniac in the Hepplepeck(?) Village in World 3. But I think he wants money, maybe 200 gold?
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, I'd forgotten that I had put half of these in. Thanks for reminding me about them. There's more character specific content in TSE-2, but few stat or item bonuses from them at the moment - I ought to add some.

I may sticky this post for reference too, if it's ok.
Davzz
Human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sure, go ahead and do that.
fell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
so... pippa, peter and clara dont get skill points boost at any moment?
fell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
clemetas also get 1 health point from fihting "the abomination" which is pretty easy boss
Berneye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ROD wrote:
Quote:

If you begin with Aegin: Tza Tze gives you the Fleece as reward, the other way you get a Speed Tunic (Armor) from Aegin (the fleece seems to be more useful, being a strong Armor AND giving back health in battle)

Hi guys... this is my first message.
I have to thank you Mark for doing this game, I really love it, and I'm supporting your work on facebook.

So... this is my problem.
I finished TSE several times with a lot of character combinations... the only thing i'm never been able to achieve is the The Paladin's Golden Flece Jacket... I really can't realise where I'm wrong...

I've tried to first get the gem in Elan's Tomb, challenging Tza Tze, beating Granael end than return to the Veroonai Enclave (all to avoid the annoying beetles that appear when you kill the worm rising only one of the two bridges), but i simply couldn't talk to Tza Tze again to get the armour... so i retried doing this path Saline=>Mana Tidebreak=>Veroonai Enclave=>Granael=>Shifting Sands (with the hated beetles) and than back to Tza Tze... but, once again, i did not have my reward...

I can't understand... perhaps he will give me the armor later in the game or i'm doing something wrong?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english...
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Berneye wrote:
ROD wrote:
Quote:

Hi guys... this is my first message.
I have to thank you Mark for doing this game, I really love it, and I'm supporting your work on facebook.

So... this is my problem.
I finished TSE several times with a lot of character combinations... the only thing i'm never been able to achieve is the The Paladin's Golden Flece Jacket... I really can't realise where I'm wrong...

I've tried to first get the gem in Elan's Tomb, challenging Tza Tze, beating Granael end than return to the Veroonai Enclave (all to avoid the annoying beetles that appear when you kill the worm rising only one of the two bridges), but i simply couldn't talk to Tza Tze again to get the armour... so i retried doing this path Saline=>Mana Tidebreak=>Veroonai Enclave=>Granael=>Shifting Sands (with the hated beetles) and than back to Tza Tze... but, once again, i did not have my reward...

I can't understand... perhaps he will give me the armor later in the game or i'm doing something wrong?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english...

Welcome! Smile

If you go to Tza Tze before the Granael bridge is raised, heīll raise the bridge for you (after fighting him) - then thereīs NO WAY to get the Fleece

First visit Aegin Warstick (Magi Retreat): he raises the bridge to granael as a reward for a quest

After that you can still challenge Tza Tze and heīll raise not the bridge (since itīs already done but give you the Fleece). To avoid Beetles: go through all desert areas before fighting Granael so you can sneak through them after beating Granael.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Berneye! Thanks for posting.
ROD is correct, you can only have one of the two items, depending on which quest you complete first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: