The Spirit Engine 2 is going freeware
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiavals
Human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Some impressions Reply with quote
woodecker wrote:

If you put a Paypal Donation Button or something similar people will pay what they think the game costs, and you will be surprised! Maybe some donations will only be 1$ but some people will give more than you think if they really enjoy the game.

The creator of World of Goo has done this and has a lot of earnings!

Well, the World of Goo is a super-popular casual game, quite the opposite of TSE2. But I don't see a reason not to put a donation button anyway. Even if people don't donate that much, at least they'll have a choice to do so if they so wish.
Chroelle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CWF would of course be happy and proud to host TSE2. I wrote you an email regarding this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The first available link to the freeware version of TSE-2 comes with the help of Curly's World of Freeware.

I am very grateful to Christian Toft for his kind assistance with the hosting! Very Happy

You can find it here:
http://www.curlysworldoffreeware.com/games/view/367

I've not updated the main download page yet as I want to secure some more hosts, so that no single site has to take the full burden of hosting the game.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Need additional hosts for the game. Sad Any suggestions would be most welcome. Most of the DL sites I've looked at have been unimpressive, with low usage limits or bad reputations.
rabadi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would suggest Abandonia Reloaded http://www.reloaded.org/
Naknakkus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I admire your generosity. I know that it's a bit late now, but I'm wondering what would've happened if you'd joined up with an indie publisher like Wadjet Eye Games.
AirBasher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://gamejolt.com/
http://experimentalgameplay.com/

These sites can help promote the game and host it.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having a busy week, and will be away from home this weekend. I need to make a proper news post for the site some time. Until then I wanted to thank everyone who has shown their support for the game this week, and especially those who have helped out with hosting. This release would have been difficult without you and your kindness has been much appreciated. Thanks!
<=-WaLkInGtHeWaY-=>
Human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Love your work. Reply with quote
Surprisingly, i still havent finished the game!

Kind of saving it for a rainy day.
xegnma

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wish I came across this topic sooner, I would have recommended converting the app to flash and marketing it as a browser game...all sorts of revenue that way..(I happen to be a flash developer btw, heh I know shameless plug but in the case of TSE-2 I'd do the conversion for free...)

Oh and as for introductions I happen to be one of your fans from the natomic forum after playing TSE-1...I periodically followed and commented on the development of TSE-2 but lost track after a while...

In any case I'm glad to know that your financial situation has improved since Mr. Pay...but please don't put aside game development just yet. I feel you still have a few good games left in you.

[update]
Hmmm... I'm really liking the idea of porting one of your games to Flash...Would you be interested in porting the first installment of TSE to flash?...its the kind of project I'd like to cut my teeth on...you could even monetize it via Mochi Media or Kongregate...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: