Fraps and the Spirit Engine 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galvin
Human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Fraps and the Spirit Engine 2. Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

I figured this may be the second best place to ask this question - the first being the fraps website itself (which I will do tomorrow).

I have always been a fan of "Let's play <game>", and I wanted to record my play through of this awesome game. Unfortunately the recording software I use (fraps) does not seem to even realize the game is up and running. It's the strangest thing - all other games it can detect (from those on emulators, run through Impulse/Steam, stand alone executables, etc) but it just can't ever sense the Spirit Engine 2 up and running.

I was wondering if anyone else has attempted to record TSE2 with fraps and ran into trouble. Thanks in advance for any assistance. If I find out why this doesn't work I'll respond to this post with the answer, but in the meanwhile I am hoping someone else out there may have run across this problem and the solution to it. Smile
Jimbob
Human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Fraps and the Spirit Engine 2. Reply with quote
I've no idea why it might do that but have you tried running in different windows? i.e. fullscreen or different scaling as opposed to what you might use normally? I think TSE2 does have some sort of screen focus code in it, but I've no idea how it would effect Fraps :S

Good luck with the Let's Play thing though, I love those things...
Galvin
Human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bah, I discovered the reason. Posting it here so anyone else who wanted to fraps the game knows it just won't be possible (unfortunately).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090321183212AALdZCu

Which makes sense - and was confirmed by several other question/answer posts I discovered yesterday. Sad This leaves me with no choice but to hunt for another type of video recording software that can capture the screen as I play. I've heard good things about HyperCam so I'll give that a shot, although if anyone here can recommend another video/sound capturing program I'd love to get opinions. Thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: