Tza Tze help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mordalles
Human

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Tza Tze help Reply with quote
hello.

firstly, this is one awesome game! thanks for making such a great game, mark!

i'm rather stuck at the moment. i can't beat tza tze. the best i'm doing is getting his health down to around 2500hp. Embarassed my characters are already level 42, and it seems i don't get anymore experience so can't level up anymore. and i'm not fairing any better in the pocket dimension.
i'm playing with peter, samual and pippa. so, 2 hunters and a mage. peter specializes in speedfire and magic bullet, samuel in sharpshoot and pippa in chain magic, kinetic smash and a bit of both shields.
is there anyway to beat him? any advice? please help. Surprised
alspal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow, thats really strange, I had the exact same setup as you when I beat Tza except I had Pippa using raindbow thingo and chainmagic.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there! Glad to hear that you're enjoying the game.

The two early C4 tasks cause trouble for a lot of people I think. Because they can be done in different orders, I decided to make some of the enemy stats dependant on party level. I may have overweighted this factor, to the point where the tasks may be easier at a lower level than a higher level.

Tza Tze changes his immunity and inreases his armour in response to the damage types that you hit him with. It's best to use single hit attacks and change the type.

I've not played my own game for about 3 years now. Sad Hopefully someone else can give you better advice.

Last edited by Mark Pay on Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
mordalles
Human

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks, mark. Very Happy i've tried all sorts of different things, and the best so far has been to keep shield up with the mage, and attacking with the 2 hunters, either magic bullet or speedfire/sharpshoot depending on what shield he has up. but eventually i can't hold out, those bubbles from above are too much. Laughing

oh, yeah, the saving is expensive! Laughing and now that i can't get any money (and experience) anymore in the world, i won't be able to save! haha.

what is the strongest possible party to play with? i guess 1 of each, a hunter, priest and mage.
and what skills should i specialize in to be the strongest? i want to give the game another go. because it is so much fun! Very Happy
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you choose the characters at the beginning there?s a "toggle details"-button where you get information which skills work best for each character.
I believe that every combination is possible (my favourite was 3 mages), to me it seems that having a powerful healer (priest) helps a lot, also trying to get a lot of healing items.
mordalles
Human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks, i restarted with a different party, and am now past Tza Tze. Very Happy
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That was quick! Already finished? Which party did you choose?
mordalles
Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
nope, not finished yet. im now in the world 5, at clarke tower lobby. i can't beat those guys with the shields and guns. it's so hard! Crying or Very sad Laughing
any tips? i'm level 48, but leveling up any more will mean i will lose too much money since its 220gold to save each time, and i can only beat the first enemy group. (so i have to fight 1st fight, save, quit, load, fight again, etc. if i want to level up.)

i chose eisfford (cant remember spelling), zepher and peter. Very Happy Mad
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
(so i have to fight 1st fight, save, quit, load, fight again, etc. if i want to level up.)

I had to do that too on my first try...Those Big Guns are most dangerous but don?t have a lot of health.
The Shield guys are immune to sharpshoot. So maybe:

Peter: Magic bullet
Eissford: lightning or chain magic
Zepher: healing

and as soon as a big gun guy is in front interrupt immediately and switch to sharpshoot/kinetic smash for Peter/Eissford

I remember that I interrupted very often during these fights and did sweat a lot.
Oh, and if you succeed...maybe its a good idea to sneak back to save the game before leaving the area... Wink
mordalles
Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks, rod, i'll try your advice. Very Happy
DarkEmperor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found that Clemetas, Edward and Eissford was the best party. When I finished (Lvl 50) I had most upgrades on Hand of the Gods, Dynamite and Kinetic Shield, respectively.
I found that I had to save, quit and load as well.
mordalles
Human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes. i made it past the chopper and am now on floor 90. Very Happy
i made it on the 3rd try, i am now level 51.

at the moment my highest upgrades are hand of the gods, kinetic smash/chain magic (22) and sharpshoot. with quite a few points in health, party heal, kinetic/magic shield and rifle attack.
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great!
How did you do the Lobby? Didn?t you spend any points in Mana?
mordalles
Human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
nope, i haven't placed a single point in mana. Cool
the lobby took quite a while. just kept on switching between magic bullet (level 0) and sharpshoot (lev 22+ cant remember), party heal and for mage kinetic smash and chain magic (both around lev 22).
it took a quite a few tries. i died many times.

now im completely stuck on floor 90. i keep on being killed by the 1st group of monsters, made it past them twice, only to be destroyed by the second group of monsters. i don't think i can make it further. i really want to finish it, but it seems almost impossible. :cry and the money i get for winning a fight is around 100gold, and saving is 340gold, meaning i can't save after i beat the 1st group of monsters/guards, meaning i can't level up. Crying or Very sad what to do?
is there a way to stop the monsters from swiching places? that will make the difference.

the boss guide says the grandfather is the toughest fight. i disagree. the groups of monsters/guards are much tougher.
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hang on! That is one of the hardest fights for sure because they have so powerful weapons and armour (the machine is hardly vulnerable and the shield guy only with magical weapons)! But there are several stradegies you can try. And on floor 90 you can be especially lucky with this strange machine from above (well, it can also destroy you if you?re not aware). If somebody is down, bring him/her under the descending machine! or imagine that big gun guy is almost finished in he front line and nobody has mana left to kill him before he hides again-the machine will turn your health to mana if you?re low with that which might save you some important seconds.

My first try would be:
Zepher healing all the time
Peter sharpshooting Big Machine and Big Gun Guy, Recharge or recover when shield guy is in front
Eissford chain magic against shield guy maybe against the other guy but not against the big machine (has also a magic shield)
You don?t have a lot of mana so maybe not wasting any of it is the key!
Are the game options set to "slower battles"?
What Items do you have?

When I played TSE the first time I got stuck somewhere in every world so I got used to that. I didn?t mind anyway since I had more time to enjoy the music and the artwork details

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: