A TVTropes page for TSE2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: A TVTropes page for TSE2 Reply with quote
Hey, long time no see. I haven't been here in a while, mostly forgot about the game, but finding my backup safe copy of the installer while rooting through old files on my computer reminded me of it. And I decided that I'd do what I would've done a while ago if I wasn't lazy: Create a page for The Spirit Engine 2 on Television Tropes Wiki. Because your plot's big enough and recieved enough effort that it deserves it, and hey, it'll probably lead some more people to try it out. I know the last game I wrote a page for the author said he got a whole bunch of inbound traffic and a handful of new forum members from the site (though that was a freeware rather than shareware game, and I also made a forum topic about it, which I won't do until I'm at least slightly satisfied with the page).

So I made the page, but I'm not satisfied with it at all. I don't feel like I'm really doing justice to the complexity of your plot, but finding tropes which line up with what you actually did is hard. Very hard. Also, it's been a while since I played and I can't remember all the details (especially about Kaltos's past). So if anyone else on this forum happens to be a Troper, could you do me a favor and help improve the page?

PS: I'll probably be finishing my absurd run along with my walkthrough sometime fairly soon as well. When I started I was planning on also doing a page for TSE1, but considering how much work this one turned out to be I no longer feel up to it.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very Happy I've wasted more than a few hours on tvtropes. It's a great site!

You've done a fantastic job, Brickman. I remember having an eye on a somewhat famous list of RPG cliches when originally writing the game, before tvtropes was as big as it is now. I'm not sure how many I was able to dodge! Some tropes are too much fun to fight against. ( Load Bearing Boss! )

I'll keep this in mind next time I'm browsing tvtropes, to see if there's anything I can add myself. It's too much fun not to! Thanks. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: