Avast vs. TSE2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Avast vs. TSE2 Reply with quote
It seems some people have been receiving virus warnings from Avast regarding TSE2 freeware.
As far as I'm aware, these are false positives. I'm running McAfee locally, which reports no issues.

Has anybody else had any issues with their AV software and the game?
Saminougat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have this problem with Avast.

Is there any workaround to fix this?
alspal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It deleted my .exe Sad What a retardation. They may as well suddenly call the recycle bin a virus.
Xaoset

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Avast vs. TSE2 Reply with quote
Mark Pay wrote:
It seems some people have been receiving virus warnings from Avast regarding TSE2 freeware.
As far as I'm aware, these are false positives. I'm running McAfee locally, which reports no issues.

Has anybody else had any issues with their AV software and the game?

I was having this problem with Avast v4.8, but I just installed v5.0 and it now seems to be working just fine.
Dynomice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had this issue, even with Avast v5. I reported it as a false positive but fortunately you can get avast to ignore it in the meantime if you're still having issues.

For v5, just open the avast user interface, go to the Real Time Shields tab, select the File System Shield subcategory, then go to Expert Settings --> Exclusions, and add the install location of TSE2 to the list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: