How do I get past the second boss?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cereal Toucher
Human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: How do I get past the second boss? Reply with quote
I'm using Ionae, Ferwin, and Enshadu, and I can't seem to beat the second boss. It's hard to find out what hurts it the most, I can't seem to keep my party members alive, and it's real though when the boss goes into this invincible state to heal.

What combination and strategies do I need to use? I'm just not quite use to this gameplay style.
DesertDweller
Human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Remind me which boss is the second again. I think the second's the one with the mechanical robot in the middle of the grassy-ish chapter right?

As soon as I can figure out how to get my Absurd mode unlocked I'll get to that place and tell you how I beat it; I forget my strategies...

Were I to guess, I would assume it's decently armored, so I would say charge a swordfaith or something. I would probably set Ionae to smokescreen, if doesn't have then powder imps, and occasionally empowdering Ferwin when need be.

Enshadu would definitely be healing people, occasionally damning/blessing Ferwin to help the damage.

When the machinery stops to regenerate, definitely prepare another charged swordfaith for Ferwin and empowder him. Also make sure to heal as you may need to be.

Do you think the main problem is dealing it damage or staying alive?

[I don't remember who has what abilities by Ch.2 so some of these abilities may not even be unlocked at this point...I'll check it on my Absurd run]
Cereal Toucher
Human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Staying alive. We damage it pretty well, with my current party chain, but then he starts to kill one member then another member, then we don't fight as well anymore, and then we can't damage him as much. He starts to gain more HP than lose.

yes, it's the one with the robot.
DesertDweller
Human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay so here's what I did.

I had Mericious, Pyan-Pau, and Grace (note two priests). My method was basically to have Grace use almost entirely Smokescreen, occasionally Aimed shot but it's not really worth it.

Pyan-Pau healed because his only attack at this point is Strike which is concussive. He healed and blessed occasionally.

Mericious did nothing but Wrath basically. The boss has 0 magic armor, so it worked quite effectively.

What I found very handy was to use Smokescreen right before the regeneration countdown hit 0. That way the smokescreen would have effect when the boss sends a thunderstrike thingy and potentially even one attack into the game. That really helped make sure my characters didn't die so much.

I basically had Grace abuse her lucky lady and smokescreen abilities in the front. It was quite effective!

Since you have one priest and one knight, I would suggest using Swordfaith if you have it? Otherwise as much as possible I would use Enshadu's Wrath (again, if you have it)

If no swordfaith and you have to use Wrath, then alternate Ferwin and Ionae in the front smokescreening, brace, and recovering. (whichever abilities you have...)

If this doesn't help could you please list what abilities your characters have at this point in the game?
Cereal Toucher
Human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow. Maybe I SHOULD have used some other characters. I don't have swordfaith yet, but I can possibly go back and do a little grind, if possible.
Cereal Toucher
Human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nvm! I beat it. Smile But now I'm having a hard time making across the snow plains after the blimp crashes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: