Wrong coordinates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ytrfamli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Wrong coordinates Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there's this interesting bug in chapter 2, V1.04 :

This is produced by making the team run(click on the border of the screen) as soon as you've picked a place in the world map by the mouse. Note that this doesn't happen in every spot. The bug only occurs in both sides of "Ghost Town" and "Tall Grasses", when you enter "The Lonely Trail" from the right, and when you enter "South Point Bastion".(I haven't test on every spot in every chapter, so I'm not sure if this is a unique bug that just occurs in chapter 2.)

When you're engaged in a battle under this bug, enemies would be out of your sight; They just appear to be some where out of the screen. In my snapshot you can see 2 stones thrown by apparently 2 Poltergeists, and since they're too far away the stones can't even reach the team. Since swordfaith is a targeted attack, an easy victory is at hand.(Your team cannot go out of the screen so you can only do ranged or targeted attacks to enemies that don't do physical attacks.)

Sadly this bug eventually leads to deadlocks in the game. In my above demonstration, if I continue going right, eventually the team would be engaged in a battle that has no enemies at all. You can do what ever attack you wish, nothing will happen, and no enemy or attack would appear from the right. You just have to quit and load again. Similar results for the battle in "South Point Bastion". 2 of the team member would not stop running even though they're already on their position, and the game just hangs there, with the beasts and one of your team member amazed at the performance of the never-ending jogging by the other 2 team members.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the report ytrfamli. This is a strange and serious bug when it is triggered.

I guess that it hasn't been reported already because you need to move and click again very quickly whilst the level is loading. In theory this could cause the same problem on other levels.

I'll get it fixed for version 1.06. Thanks again for providing such a detailed report, and I'm sorry that you've experienced this.
thatotherguy007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have found the same bug. I posted this as a new thread and deleted it when I found this one. Anyway, So far I can only reproduce its effects in chapter two in areas, Tall Grasses and Ghost Town, approaching from South Point Bastion. I have tried in some other chapters but haven't made the bug appear there.

When entering these areas only when I have the mouse the area loaded with the characters a ways into the screen, not by the signpost. The true trouble then was when entering battle. The enemies were not in the usual place when battle started as was. Often they would be offscreen and attacks would miss.

A note: it seems to happen more often when you click just before the screen would change. I have a screenshot if it would help.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help thatotherguy007. I believe I know the cause. The mouse clicks for movement are registering before the level loads and initial object positions are calculated, which makes the game very confused. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: