other freeware rpgs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A-Red

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: other freeware rpgs Reply with quote
I have beaten TSE1 after playing it for the last couple of weeks, and I'm looking for more. I'm eyeing the sequel, of course, but I was also wondering if there are any other freeware/indie RPGs that are anywhere near this good?
Tiavals
Human

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I would hardly call the Spirit Engine games RPGs, but there are a bunch of freeware RPGs, though most aren't as good, especially regarding the stability and playability of the games.

Prelude to Darkness is a good RPG, and freeware as well, but it's not the most stable game and the playability is sometimes pretty bad.

Ultima V Lazarus is very good and free, but you need the commercial game Dungeon Siege to run it, since it's a mod for it.

As for indie RPGs, there's the Geneforge and Avernum series by Spiderweb Games, though they aren't too RPGish either. Eschalon is a nice game, but rather simple ultimately.

That's all I can think of right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: