TSE-2 Sketchbooks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: TSE-2 Sketchbooks Reply with quote
Yesterday I was sorting out my sketchbooks from the last decade, wincing and smiling at a lot of my terrible old doodles, and I came across the small pile with my TSE-2 sketch work.
I'm not much of a concept artist. I rarely do more than scratch out some quick sketches as guidelines. A lot of it was junk, given that the earliest is now five years old. Some of the first few sketches are wierd. Some of them made me smile though, and I thought I'd share them. The originals are in very faint pencils, and my attempts to increase the contrast have not been entirely successful.

Chibi-Enshadu. For some reason I had decided to draw the cast in coloured pencils:

Early Clay 13 concept. The final version was cuter and easier to animate:

Concept sketch for Denever:

Concept sketch for Ionae:

Longreach originally had a rather detailed plan. It means little in the context of the final game, but it was nice to have around anyway:

Team Angry takes offense at something! Sadly not available in-game:

Finally, I was going to do '5-years-later' style portraits for the credits, in a similar manner to the original game. With time running short and the ending becoming more ambiguous, I decided not to complete them. I kind of liked this sketch of more mellow Ionae though. It seemed like a nice end for her.

Tiavals
Human

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shame you didn't have time to add those 5-years later drawings to the game ending, would've been quite nice I'd imagine. And a short story about their lives after that as well.

But I can see it wouldn't be too appropiate for at least 2 characters due to their endings. I'm sure you know which two, without spoiling anything if someone who hasn't played the game reads this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: