Collecting suggestions for TSE-3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluegrass

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
A sequel is in the works? Oh happy day!!!

As for suggestions, well, I'd like to see some more randomness, although a suggestion to make it so doesn't come to mind right now (that have not been already said, like alternate paths and so forth).

A personal favorite feature of mine is when character growth is reflected in their appearance and stats (like, say, Breath of Fire II/III when Ryu grows up). But I'm not sure if that would add much to the game...

Oh, I know! Make it so that however you specialize your character, his appearance/gear selection changes! (e.g. if you make your knight a heavy damage dealer he'll carry a beefy claymore, if you make him a tank he becomes a slow, armored turtle. Or if you make your musketeer a dodger he turns into a gunslinging cowboy, if you, instead, jack up his aimed shot he becomes a sniper (of course, easy respecs should be, again, in order))...

Too much work?
reggie999

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh finally a sequel!
By the way, I heard that all the characters from TSE2 supposed to have a special end game story which shows all the char's life five years later but somehow, due to time constraint, the special char's endgame story didn't make it in the final product. I was sadly disappointed when I heard about this. Crying or Very sad
I would to like to know more of my favorite chars (Iona, Endusu and Ferwin) after five years later.

So here is my suggestion, how about letting some or all the chars from TSE2 making a special cameo appearance in the next sequel and some of them will temporarily join your team as a fourth team member
Very Happy
Daft19

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it would be interseting to have more character classes than there are party slots. So instead of having 3 classes and 3 party slots there would be 4 classes and 3 slots. This way you would always miss out on one class making party selection play a greater role in the game.
Dareloth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hooray for a third spirit engine Smile
Loved the first two games, so I'm really looking forward to this.

So id like to throw in my two cents here, giving some feedback on Spirit Engine 1 + 2. Perhaps it helps with part 3.

The skill chain system is great, and should definitely be maintained.

I personally liked Tse 1 more than the second game though, because the battles felt more balanced and challenging.
It was also a lot harder to decide which skills to pick - which was a good thing in my opinion.
I played the game several times, trying to find a perfect built for the party, and could not get to an absolute conclusion.
In Tse 2 however, it was a lot easier to find out the best strategy for each fight - boring.

Another problem with Tse 2 is that in battle most of the time all actions happen in the same instant, which i found confusing - made it hard to understand everything that had just happened.
I prefered the Tse 1 system with different cooldowns, so that the characters were striking at different times. I would like the differences in cooldown length to be even stronger.

Also i liked the story of tse 1 more because it was more funny, and the locations were more diverse and surprising(roaming ancient tombs in the desert, then suddenly fighting robots in a skyscraper).

Quote:
please limit/remove enemies that heal them selves or respawn! argh

Please don't. Smile
I want more hard stuff, like enemys that resurrect other enemies, bosses that transform three times before ultimately dying...

For Tse 3 I'd wish for more strategically demanding battles, stronger items with item based skills needed for party combos...

Oh and a free battle mode would be great. Just one city with some shops, and a battle arena in the middle of the city.

Best wishes to you and good luck with the development.

And please don't release anything before it's really done Smile
Tiavals
Human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, there's one more thing I've forgotten to say which came upon me as I was replaying the game yet again.

The weather.

The fact that it's really Autumn and the leaves are falling in the wind, and at times it's raining snow gently, is a great way to add immersion and atmosphere to the game. It would be most grand if such things would be in TSE3 as well.

Little things surely, but very important things that make the game so very enjoyable.
Grubber
Human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, when I finished it for the first time, only thing I felt that should of been improved, was the size and style of the bosses. The final boss, and most other bosses, were rather small. Cloud child was awsome, because he was massive, and had crazy splashing attacks. In TSE-1, the devil boss you fight in Pensalvanyai was amazing, want more bosse like him,
AlphaPrey
Human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just reading through the thread and recaping some points... Shocked

Bluegrass wrote:
like, say, Breath of Fire II/III when Ryu grows up

BoF 1,2 and 3 all great games! Anyway...

reggie999 wrote:
how about letting some or all the chars from TSE2 making a special cameo appearance in the next sequel

Cameo appearances from both games would be great.
(imagining a Peter arguing in the background of a scene, waving around his rifle)

Daft19 wrote:
So instead of having 3 classes and 3 party slots there would be 4 classes and 3 slots

This was something I also thought of, right from the first game, as a kind of "you won't complete/understand/unlock/discover the game fully in one play. Also, another consideration is to create be some hold-overs from the last campaign that could aid the player in his second campaign. (Different modes, styles)

Dareloth wrote:
Oh and a free battle mode would be great. Just one city with some shops, and a battle arena in the middle of the city.

A type of survival mode would be awesome, and if you could make it somehow not a level-based tactic, but rather needing skill and tactics to survive, it would be even better. An (online?) score system could even be set up.

Grubber wrote:
only thing I felt that should of been improved, was the size and style of the bosses

I totally agree to this comment. I feel that there should be more epic boss fights, with huge bosses, as you often do near the end of the game, like the gunship in TSE1 or the Worlds Eye in TSE2. Perhaps big bosses could be fought in the start or middle of the game only to fight them again at the end?

Hopefully I gave some thing of value to the Topic. Wink
xegnma

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mark Pay wrote:
kfedex - I know, I know. Sad I really don't like marketing, TSE-2 is a hard sell and most of the portals offer bad deals. I should be doing more though.

I think I may have a solution for that...but it will require some collaboration in code development...check out my post from this earlier topic.

The Spirit Engine 2 is going freeware
AlphaPrey
Human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
5 years later, I've decided to replay the series. It's been difficult, MMF constantly crashes at several points. But the fun is definitely still there. I would buy the third game without a moments hesitation if it came to Steam. Much worse games have come through greenlight, I'm sure you could blast through.

This post has close to 50,000 views, so I'd say there's quite some interest in a sequel. Now I'm just waiting for the answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: