Is my team too weak?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grubber
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Is my team too weak? Reply with quote
I'm in the dunes, and I'm trying to kill Tze Tza, but I die befor he goes under 1,000 Hp. My team's :
Clara, Edward and Matthieu, they're level 42. Clara has 27 ups on chain magic, and the talismen for an extra bubble of energy. Edward has 21 on rifle attack, and Matthieu has 27 on HOTG, yet 6 on group healing. I dominated all the other boses, but Tze Tza is a whole new level... is my team too weak?
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all: Did you notice that he changes his armour during battle? glide with mouse over him to check his vulnerabilities, when he changes his appearence he gets immune against one "school" of damage (kinetic, magical, normal)

But then your level seems very high to me - and I heard there are certain enemies especially in this area where the difficulty INCREASES when you are too high-leveled (due to level-related stats ore aomething...)
Grubber
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ROD wrote:
First of all: Did you notice that he changes his armour during battle? glide with mouse over him to check his vulnerabilities, when he changes his appearence he gets immune against one "school" of damage (kinetic, magical, normal)

But then your level seems very high to me - and I heard there are certain enemies especially in this area where the difficulty INCREASES when you are too high-leveled (due to level-related stats ore aomething...)

I did notice the armor, when it's kinetic I have Edward heal, and Clara put up a wall, while Matthieu uses HOTG. And when magical, I shoot with edward, and use party heal, but he always comes out on top. If it does increase, I guess I should restart.. Sad
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Grubber wrote:

I did notice the armor, when it's kinetic I have Edward heal, and Clara put up a wall, while Matthieu uses HOTG. And when magical, I shoot with edward, and use party heal, but he always comes out on top. If it does increase, I guess I should restart.. Sad

Clara using Life Drain would be worth a try I guess (even whithout many skillpoints), the other two alternating recover/heal and shooting/HOTG

If no chance start again or maybe you have a savegame in the Mango Republic (before resetting)?
Then Iīd advise including Dynamite for Edward.
Clara is good on Life Drain (itīs useless in the final fight and all other undead creatures but it just seems so right for her...)
Grubber
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wanna avoid life drain, as later it will suck too much. I always thought dynamite was bad, is it actually good?
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Grubber wrote:
I wanna avoid life drain, as later it will suck too much. I always thought dynamite was bad, is it actually good?

I used it only with Edward - he is especially good in it and he gets some extra training in the jungle.

I didnīt count but it feels there are a lot more "NX" and "MX" than "EX" creatures in the game. Dynamite is very powerful and it can hit multiple enemies - well it works, some fights get very easy with it and you can still use it in the final world.
Grubber
Human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guess i'll try the dynamite, and life drain, I'm not sure, but wouldn't making Matthieu more specialized in healing be a better investment? because Edward and Clara will be doing enough damage already... Confused
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Grubber wrote:
Guess i'll try the dynamite, and life drain, I'm not sure, but wouldn't making Matthieu more specialized in healing be a better investment? because Edward and Clara will be doing enough damage already... Confused

Yes but HOTG is too powerful to miss, maybe

Clara: Kinetic Shield, Life Drain, Kinetic Smash (Rock Rain until Mango Republic)

Edward: Dynamite and Sharp Shoot

Matthieu: HOTG and Party Heal

You can afford to develop at least two skills and donīt forget Mana! (It protects against magical damage, you should invest at least 8 points until the last chapter), you donīt need to invest much in health. Kinetic Smash is because you may need a good single attack against Bosses and higher armoured creatures towards the end
Grubber
Human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ROD wrote:
Grubber wrote:

Yes but HOTG is too powerful to miss, maybe

Clara: Kinetic Shield, Life Drain, Kinetic Smash (Rock Rain until Mango Republic)

Edward: Dynamite and Sharp Shoot

Matthieu: HOTG and Party Heal

You can afford to develop at least two skills and donīt forget Mana! (It protects against magical damage, you should invest at least 8 points until the last chapter), you donīt need to invest much in health. Kinetic Smash is because you may need a good single attack against Bosses and higher armoured creatures towards the end

Clara's not great with Kinetic Smash, so I try to keep her away from it, I guess I could put some into rock rain and Life drain though?

Edward...dynamite seems like a good idea, I'll try that, with powershot.

Matthieu, HOTG and party heal it is, and alot of self heal equipment.

I've only beaten it one other time, and I had almost 10 points in Hp for each person, and 8 for mana already, so that's fine.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

I think this may be the problem. Tza Tze, Aegin Warstick's challenge and Granael all scale with character level. They scale a little too much and become harder when attempted at higher levels.

Single strike attacks might work better since I believe Tza Tze's armour also increases as he takes damage. ( I'm not sure on this though )
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait, Aegin Warstick's challenge scales with your level?

WHY DID NOONE TELL ME? Since that was easily the hardest portion of the game, I always put it off until I'd completed everything else in the chapter except him and Tza Tze. And that was just making it worse?

Anyways, you said you had "rifle attack" leveled? That's a very poor choice. Rifle attack is useless, it's only worth spending points there if you're going to use rapid shot, and then you also want to put at least some there. And you don't want both chain magic and rapid shot, because those are both worthless if your opponent has high armor (and most of the bosses near the end of the game have a ton of armor; the final boss's second form is -130/-130/-90 I believe)). You want to have only one person with a multi-hit attack, and even THAT'S optional because you can always muscle through with single hitters and forgo the situational advantages against low-armored foes.
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree with Brickman - for example Clara may be great in Rock Rain but itīs no use towards the end - too much resistance for a one-mana multiple attack skill (though itīs hilarious in the first chapters).
Thatīs why itīs more prudent to let her do kinetic smash - you need big single strikes, dynamite seemed to work because it deals much more damage than Rock Rain plus you donīt waste charges (afair one strike contains four charges and they all hit some target)
Grubber
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brickman wrote:
Wait, Aegin Warstick's challenge scales with your level?

WHY DID NOONE TELL ME? Since that was easily the hardest portion of the game, I always put it off until I'd completed everything else in the chapter except him and Tza Tze. And that was just making it worse?

Anyways, you said you had "rifle attack" leveled? That's a very poor choice. Rifle attack is useless, it's only worth spending points there if you're going to use rapid shot, and then you also want to put at least some there. And you don't want both chain magic and rapid shot, because those are both worthless if your opponent has high armor (and most of the bosses near the end of the game have a ton of armor; the final boss's second form is -130/-130/-90 I believe)). You want to have only one person with a multi-hit attack, and even THAT'S optional because you can always muscle through with single hitters and forgo the situational advantages against low-armored foes.
I leveled rifle attack so he could have a stronger speedfire, his sharpshoot is rather poor (compared to the others)However, I see what you mean about it being crazy weak later, as a couple days ago I beat it for the first time, and saw the -130 armor guys, the helicopter and the head, I'd do next to no damage to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: