frostmaw rink problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jafey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: frostmaw rink problems Reply with quote
hey,
first of all great game, really well done!

until now everything went smoothly but now im stuck at the collapsing glacier, i just cant kill the enemies fast enough...

my party consists of ionae, ferwin and enshadu, i tried many different attacks but it never works.

any help would be highly appreciated!
Nillo
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all, is your party at a reasonable level? I would suggest you go back to the earlier areas and practice a little. When you have enough refund points, get rid of all your defensive skills. There will be no time to use them. Take a look at the enemies in the glacier and see what types of damage they're weak against, then put all your points into those attacks.

I didn't have much trouble with this specific area, so I am confident that you should be able to do it if you keep trying.
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
did it with the same party on my first try with no problem at all and using the same scheme on every group encountered, sooo, either I was really lucky or you're too low level
Jamiri
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Time is of the essence in this area, so make sure every attack and every hit counts. Pause your party members' attacks and only unleash them if you are absolutely certain, they will hit. That's especially important for the Night Gales that offer only very small windows of opportunity to hit them. They are considerably weak against magic attacks, so use Wrath against them, which has also the advantage that it strikes instantaneously.

Furthermore, make sure you do not waste attacks against immune monsters, cause - remember - every attack counts. Better wait until another monster comes forward from the back rows to attack that possibly is susceptible to your attack.

And lastly, pause the game, think about your next actions for each of your characters and only then unpause and continue. That saves you another 5 or even more seconds.
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
since there is a lot of shaman usually (1/2 per groupe I encountered, maybe only one group over the 5 didn't have one) I used swordfaith, wrath and black bullet, rince, repeat.
Try it. I used this on every group, without exception or change.
monsoonasiian
Human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
when i played this i found this probably the easiest place all i did was slay the yetis sword faith anything undead or had a chi shield, death bullet which was very effective, when the stones were up i would just switch Charlotte to lucky shot to take down the shields and hack or slay had 30secs for so to spare
euthanatos
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: a way to cheat... Reply with quote
I am sure they'll patch this for me bringing it up...

but what I did was, begin the frostmaw glacier race

then backtrack as rapidly as possible and save the game

die

reload

you'll be able to simply casually kill the enemies with no collapse sequence or timer

yet end up at the next location -- the Institute -- without any bugs from then onward
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, this'll need patching. Smile Thanks for bringing it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: