What's next, Mark Pay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBAce9Aura
Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: What's next, Mark Pay Reply with quote
Since you've completed this 4 and 1/2 year project of yours, Mark Pay, what game are gonna make next. I know you said you don't want to make another RPG project (notably because of how long this one took you to finish), so what genre of game ARE you gonna be making?
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe he also won't work on another project for now and he'll take some rest ^^
YanPL-tse
Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Isn't it too early to ask about it? We can expect that TSE2 is not finished yet, there are still some things that will be patched and updated. Also, if you remember, Mark has some "day-time" job, so that's obvious we shouldn't expect anything new in nearest future.
However, it would be nice to know what can we expect later.
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When he fix the bugs in TSE2, may be he is just going to stop making games, why to continue if he doesnt want so.But as a fan of TSE and TSE-2 I hope Mark will continue to make great games Cool
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Patching is obviously my current priority, though I have been relieved that most issues raised involve interface additions.
I need to find new employment next, possibly freelance for a while, it's hard to know. ( I do hate job-hunting )

I would find it very hard to stop making games. I do need a rest from working on RPGs though. At the moment I have an XCOM-style tactical game in mind.
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mark Pay wrote:
Patching is obviously my current priority, though I have been relieved that most issues raised involve interface additions.
I need to find new employment next, possibly freelance for a while, it's hard to know. ( I do hate job-hunting )

I would find it very hard to stop making games. I do need a rest from working on RPGs though. At the moment I have an XCOM-style tactical game in mind.

Third patch is done.Should we expect another one or that XCOM-style tactical game? Very Happy I can't wait to see it.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There will need to be at least a 1.04 patch to deal with the unfortunate memory retention bug. There have been some minor requested features, and I'm pondering what best to do about those. At some point I need to actually do some marketing of the game! There are one or two water-testing reviews by large sites that I am waiting on.
On the local front, job hunting is as depressing as ever. Sad

I've started work on the X-COM-style game in the meantime. It's meant to be heavily Lovecraft influenced, set in 1920s New England with hopefully lots of wierd and nasty beasties. The current working title is 'Black Ink', but that may change, as I'm not sure whether I want much of a role for research and incantations in the game.
I'm writing most of the back-end in C++ as a MMF extension. It is wonderful to be working in a 'proper' language again, despite my frequent syntax errors. I wish I'd done it this way for TSE-2.
I'm also waiting for the Hardware Acceleration version of MMF to come out of beta from Clickteam. I'll need it for speedy rendering of tiles and a certain ink effect if the game is to work.

Whatever happens, I shan't be able to post much firm information about it for a long time, and TSE-2 will continue to require plenty of my attention for the forseeable future.
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay Mark, good luck with the job hunting and finishing TSE2's patches. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: