Which skills "fit" which characters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Which skills "fit" which characters? Reply with quote
Sparked by somoene mentioning in a feedback topic that they like giving everyone skills that match their personality, I got to thinking about which skills are the best fit for each character. And, well, thought it'd be a fun discussion topic. Ignore utility for the sake of this topic. Here's what I thought of:

Ferwin: Slay, Swordfaith, Brace, Fortify. This one's easy, as Ferwin is in love with the "knight in shining armor" concept.
Grace: Smokescreen, flashbang, enpowder. Her years of experience have left her cautious and not very eager to fight further.
PyanPau: Strike, Trick, Staggering Blow, Aurora. PyanPau definitely has the "bo-staff master" look and feel down pat. Aurora because it's also self-defense of a different kind, filling the gaps that the rest of his training can't, and seems like just the thing they'd teach at a fighting monk academy.
Ionae: I'm drawing a blank on anything besides black bullet. If you've played her at all, you know why.
Charlotte: Lucky shot and aimed shot. She's a true sharpshooter, and lucky shot just seems perfect for her personality otherwise.
Denever: Brace, Fortify, Recover. Battle-hardened, it's much easier to picture Denever defending himself and others than attacking.
Enshadu: Wrath, Sprite Summon, Party Heal. I can't really picture mysterious Enshadu using his staff for anything; if he's gonna attack, he's gonna use magic. Party heal seems just right for the guilt-ridden penitent as well.

Your thoughts? Any you disagree with or want to add? Any ideas for Ionae, Kaltos and Mericious (I'm completely at a loss with those three).
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great topic Brickman! I agree with all of your choices.
The skill system does have the option to change specific skill strengths for characters, as in the first game, but I decided to leave them equal to give players a better choice.

A few more thoughts:

Kaltos - I think that Hack, Slay, Charge and Might would suit his temperament best.

Mericious - Damn and Wrath seem like appropriate choices. Possibly Bless too.

Ionae - Beyond Black Bullet, I'm also stuck for ideas. :/ I don't think that fighting suits her at all for most of the game.
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
PyanPau was all Bless seeming for me (:
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great job, pretty accurate ^^

I think I'd change Enshadu'w Wrath for Bless
As for Ionae, make her use smokescreen and powder imps, she's scared to die ^^
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cool topic!
Itīs funny how you (or at least I)tend to certain skills depending on the character while avoiding others (sometimes even ignoring tactical facts).

For the first time I chose Denever, and I never used Hack, it just doesnt seem right for him.
But I donīt agree that he prefers the defensive skills, although he appears as a man who gets softer in the winter of his life, he is still a soldier to the bone who doesnīt hesitate to use his sword if thereīs no other way.
I imagine he is the best knight for Thunderstrike and Swordfaith and even with Slay he is not less powerful than the other two, due to his enormous experience.
I like those aged characters! Iīm looking forward to choosing Grace next time (couldnīt resist Enshadu meanwhile...)

Ionae: I agree with Black Bullet, but to me it also seems she likes High Fire-
I can imagine she likes to explore the "borderzones" of her somewhat limited abilities in this new and strange body. High Fire seems to be a sophisticated, almost artistic skill which she takes pleasure in bringing to perfection-
and Powder Imps (which is just such a beautiful skill, it wouldnīt be half as beautiful with another name like kinetic shield for example...)

PyanPau, Charlotte, Enshadu: I agree very much with Brickman (good work!)
YanPL-tse
Human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Denever - Swordfaith, Fortify - theese two feel best for experienced man, who lived trough many battles.
For Ionae, i pick smokescreen. To remain mysterious, to separate herself from rest of the world.
Mericious - absent minded, librarian, lawfully aligned but quite chaotic in action, I'd go with sprite summon and Damn - he isn't strong enough to use his staff efficiently, moreover, he's like he got hit with couple staggering blows;). I imagine him having a book on summoning spiritual companion, and a book of curses.
Kaltos... Brace, Slay, Might...

As for Ferwin, considering he is young, brave and fierce, charge, thunderstrike and hack would be matching. They are all fast, dynamic... quite obvious pick for someone who avoids responsibility and delays important decisions.

Mericious is BTW one single char somehow related to many of TSE1 characters... Chaotic like pippa, librarian like eisford, appearance bit like Clementas... Plus, sometimes he's being bit grouchy like Clementas Very Happy
PyanPau... he's a responsible and reasonable man on mission... which brings Matthieu and eisford around.
Enshadu - Samuel, for his "old guilts", lawfull alignement etc etc.
Ionae... Clara+Clementas. Angry, caring about her own problems.
Charlotte - bit of Edward, bit of Peter, bit of Zepher. Not likely to settle down soon, sympathetic person with adveture-full past.
Ferwin - like Peter, not willing do follow his family wishes. Good hearted like Edward, and has a girl who misses him.
Denever - wise, responsible, experienced. sorta like Matthieu.
Kaltos... reminds of Zepher in some ways.
I'm not sure what to write about Grace, she's somehow allways outta my party. I guess Eisford would match her.
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think that TSE1's story was dark enough to actually support a character equivalent to Kaltos or Grace--the mercenary who lost his family by getting too far into an evil corporation, and the war hero who resigned after she saw how bad war was and in doing so became painted as alternately a hero or a traitor by everyone who recognizes her, when she just wants to leave it buried.
Naknakkus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ionae - definitely Black Bullet!
Enshadu - Heal and wrath.
Ferwin - Thunderstrike and sword faith.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: