The Music
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: The Music Reply with quote
For those of you who enjoyed (or are enjoying) the soundtrack to The Spirit Engine 2 and are unable to pick up either of the affordable digital albums (CDs optional!), then you should also be informed that the soundtracks are available for listening to online.

The best way to listen to the music whenever you want (other than purchasing the soundtrack) is to check out www.thesixtyone.com, a unique website that lets users spend 'points' on songs they like to help promote them... the website is free and there is no 'cost' to listen to music (just to 'bump' and support it - which you should do to my music if you grab an account - be sure to use 'whelchelphd' or 'jwhelchel' as the referrer ID!). The site is extra cool because listeners and artists 'level up' as they accumulate points etc - it's all spelt out on the website. Check it out!

thesixtyone.com:

The Spirit Engine 2 - Selections

I'm only able to put so many tracks on this website - a maximum that is raised by increased listener activity. That means you should listen! Oh, and bumping helps to.

As an incentive to do that I will probably hold some sort of sweepstakes for listeners every month giving away the soundtrack for free. So be sure to get on there (and remember the referral ID!) and support me, it'll pay off.

Also, the better I do on thesixtyone, the more tracks I'll put up on last.fm as full streams... those are below.

last.fm:

The Spirit Engine 2 - Original Soundtrack is available on the radio, with a few tracks fully streamable (will increase as explained above).

The Spirit Engine 2 - Selections is also available, but is pretty much the same as above with fewer tracks.

---

Also, feel free to let me know what you think about the music. Do you hate it? Do you love it? I'd love your feedback, input, and thoughts about the whole matter. Be sure to let me know so that whatever comes next can sound even better!

Thanks,
Josh
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What we think about the music?Is this a question?Man, I find this music even better from the music of some of the comercial games I've played.
Soulmyst
Human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
At 4:28 in Finale A Lost Dream (or the bonus track "04 - 28 - A Lost Dream - Reprise (Bonus Track).mp3") Brings tears to my eyes Crying or Very sad

I Agree GiB, Josh must not be serious with this question Shocked This is not just music that you listen while playing the game, this is actually a soundtrack to load onto your mp3 player and listen to the whole day to relax (even if you haven't played the game!)

There are so many "holy s&*$" this is great tracks I think I'll spam this topic to the next page if I had to list them all Very Happy
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
this is actually a soundtrack to load onto your mp3 player and listen to the whole day to relax

actually, it's exactly what I've done ^^
YanPL-tse
Human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been listening to TSE1 soundtrack lately; and what I'd like to tell you is, that each time I hit same melodies in TSE2 in new covers I'm very glad to find similarities and I compare 'old' with 'new'. In general, quality (though alredy high), was increased. But, I prefer old 'flutter'.
Jamiri
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Josh, I just bought your TSE-2 Selections album, because I think it's fantastic music and with it you significantly contributed to the great TSE-2 experience I had. That's why you also deserve some of the money for it (which is why I bought your music).

Hope to hear your music in more games soon!
Nillo
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is something odd with the mp3s that makes my music programs think they are ten seconds longer than they actually are. When I play them in Winamp, the song ends when the timer is at about 00:10. When I play the songs on Audiosurf, I can't get all the blocks because the ship stops running in the middle of it... kinda weird. Smile
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nillo > That is very strange. It probably has something to do with the automatic tagging on my website - if it's truly bothersome than I can provide a direct download if you need it. Just shoot me an email.
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh!
Thanks for your support everyone on the61 - I really REALLY appreciate it. I'm climbing the charts, slowly but surely. (;

Here is Demonic Timbre from Chapter 8.

Also - I'm thinking about holding a sweepstakes or something to give away some free music, I'll keep you updated.
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
errr, I don't know if that's the same problem, but when I play the mp3 on my DS (using moonshell) actually the song starts from 10 seconds and ends at the end of the timer. I think it's the same problem except instead of finishing before the end, it starts with already 10 seconds passed (they're not even played, they're not blank, it just start at 10 seconds instead of 0 -_- )

it's not really bothering me since there's no difference on listening, but it's strange and when I read nillo's problem, I thought it was worth reporting.

also when I try to move the song back before the 10 first buggy seconds, it just get back to 10 directly.
Nillo
Human

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately. It's just full of masterpieces, I don't know what to say. Smile

The cover art on Selections looks amazing. Do you have a full-size version of it somewhere?

Edit: Found it in your thesixtyone account. Smile
http://www.thesixtyone.com/jwhelchel/photo/show/20686/
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Nillo, thanks for joining and showing your support!

Also, I'm wondering what other TSE2 track to put up at the moment, any suggestions? (;

(I'm hesitant to put anymore Bonesaw up for a while, but I usually judge that by their last.fm ranks)
Nillo
Human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why do you hesitate? Is there a limit on how many songs you can upload, or something? Confused

I gather that you get "points" for having people listen to your music, and I can't do that at this time 'cause you don't have the ones I want to hear.

Anyway, if you want to show them something from TSE2... "A Trader's Song"? I think that's the first tune that really stood out to me. If you don't like that one, just upload a few more of the battle themes. Can't go wrong with those. Smile
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha, yeah I am limited. I get 3 to start plus two for every level - I like to have a two song buffer so I can upload something amazing if something comes along. haha.

Yes, but "A Trader's Song" is a good choice. I'm also probably going to put up "Put a little bonesaw in it" in a few days. The former is now available on t61. (:

Anywho, your opinions are important so please let me know what you DO want to hear so they can be the ones that go up! Very Happy
Nillo
Human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whoa, people are fast. I totally thought I was gonna be the first to bump it, what with being right here and everything, but when I updated the page it already had six of 'em.

I'll try to pick out some more of my favorites later. Thank you for the consideration!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: