Projectile Glitch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hermit
Human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Projectile Glitch Reply with quote
Hey,

I've recently encountered a glitch whilst playing by Chaos' speed walk through in world 3.

After going through the Government building and passing half-way through Blue Sapphire Bay, I encountered a projectile glitch with Peter. Instead of his normal, straight sharpshoot attack, he began to shoot about 30 degrees lower than the target, making the shot head to the lower-right hand corner of the screen, resulting in a pointless, vital attack.

I've attempted to fix this glitch by switching to different skills, such as recharge, then switching back to sharpshoot, but this problem still occurs, usually causing my party to die, due to the fact that normally there are enemy sea mares in the opposing party, immune to Mat's HotG.

Is there any way to fix this problem, apart from changing Peter's main skill to something else and/or continuously reloading back to the same area hoping for opposing parties to randomize to something else?

Thanks,
Hermit

PS. First post! Not exactly the most positive one though, sorry 'bout that Confused
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Hermit. Sorry this bug has been causing you trouble. I've taken a look over the old code and decided to blame MMF Wink I remember encountering this before and I think it is an odd glitch in the way MMF calculates a direction, although I could be wrong.
Did you try firing with Peter at the back of the party? If this bug occurs at both the front and the back, I can try and build a quick patch, although I am hesitant to do this because the version of MMF I am using now is different and I can't guarentee that some unknown changes might not be introduced. ( They shouldn't, but you never know )
Hermit
Human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote
Thanks,

Yes, placing him in the front of the party when he shoots fixes the problem, but if he's in any other position, the glitch occurs. I can play the game through like this, though, so it isn't a HUGE problem, but it may cause an inconvenience later on in the game where I need Peter at the back of the party to be healed, so putting him in the front to fire could get him killed.

Perhaps you could attempt to fix this glitch in the newest TSE patch you're working on, It'd be much appreciated!
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll give it a go. Smile It's been 4 years since the last patch, but this is a simple fix so hopefully it won't take too long. My main concern as I said is whether anything else changes when I rebuild with the newer version of MMF. I'll try and get it done by the weekend.
Hermit
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote
Thanks, you shouldn't be under any obligation to have it finished by a fixed date, just take your time. Very Happy

You've got enough on your hands with TSE2 anyways, you're kind enough to be fixing minor glitches like this for us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: