Finished the game with three magi!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Nobody
Human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Finished the game with three magi! Reply with quote
having three magi is probably the hardest to finish the game. Has anyone else done it. Can you guess how i did it. And if you have done it can you tell me how you did it?
Davzz
Human

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Single-class challenges have all been done on the old forums, and yes, 3 mages would be the hardest.

As for how it's done, I remember that Healing equipment and good usage of shields is the key. Eissford has Kinetic Smash, so she can cover Physical Damage so the only thing you're missing is a good Energy attack, which thankfully isn't really needed. (there isn't many good Energy attacks anyway)
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was trying to write a walkthrough for that. I wanted to find an easy stradegy that works without having to switch the attack chains too much.

My idea for that was:
The first "half" (until you reach heavena):
Clara: kinetic shield, Pippa: Rainbow, Eissford: Celestial Light. No points for mana/health.
Problem: The Mage on Giants Top (immune to magic),
where I let Clara do Rock Rain and Pippa Magic Shield. Only worked well with 1 skill point on Clara?s Rock Rain (and she has to stand in the middle most of the time, so that all 3 Rocks hit his shield).
Arachnid?s Grove was ok with the Speed Amulet on Pippa,
and Eissford changing to Chain Magic when a Gargoyle is in front (Energy immune).

The second half: After reset in heavena:
6 Mana for each (that?s from the speed walkthrough guide, I approve), no points for health
Clara: Kinetic Shield everything
Eissford 4 Points to Lightning, All the Rest from now on to Smash.
Pippa: Rainbow

It worked suprisingly well, especially the last World (I finished the final battle without Tza Tze), but you need the right items (especially healing) and some fights need different stradegies.

Perhaps you can let Eissford do the Kinetic Shield and let Clara do Life Drain and Smash. Life Drain is my favourite, but there?s so many undead creatures in this game.

How did you do it, Mr Nobody?
Mr Nobody
Human

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: I finished it by Reply with quote
In the first bit of the game before Djan:
Clara: Rock rain
Pippa: Magic Shield
Eisfford: Kinetic Shield

Next bit of the game:
Clara: Life Drain
Pippa: Magic Shield
Eisfford: Kinetic Shield

With the extra skill points:
Clara: Health
Pippa: Kinetic Smash
Eisfford: Mana

With the final boss, Pippa built up on magic shield in the first stage while clara helped eisfford with kinetic shield. When the CPU was free to attack, Pippa does kinetic smash.

In the second stage, clara dies from those missiles. And the missiles continue to hit her corpse. that way, the missiles will not damage the party. to destroy the c-bomb i used chain magic. And to attack the CPU, i used pippa's kinetic smash.

In the last stage, it was just easy. The magic shield will just block those blasts while pippa used kinetic smash and eisfford used celestial lightning. When the shield broke, Tza Tze will help and he will act as some sort of shield that does damage and can heal itself. That's how i won!
devastator-tse
Human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Can't beat it still Reply with quote
Sounds Great, but how am I going to beat Gigliana Question
Mr Nobody
Human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
gigliana was easy. just shield the attacks with kinetic shield.
devastator-tse
Human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Elan's Tomb ALSO hard Reply with quote
The ghosts can destroy the kinetic shield easliny in Elan's Tomb.

Anyway to win it?
Sad Surprised Surprised Sad Sad Shocked Confused Sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Mr Nobody
Human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah that one was hard. I had one using kinetic all the time. And one that alternated between magic and kinetic and one that kept on attacking and kinetic when needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: