404'd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: 404'd Reply with quote
I wanted to upgrade my TSE (currently 1.01), but it seems like the download links for ALL patches and versions of TSE are down, both on thespiritengine.com and on natomic.com, so what's up with that? Can you please upload to some reliable host, it'd be a nice thing to do Sad
Jimbob
Human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have now mirrored TSEp103to104.exe on my site (I had one of the older patches linked, but I removed it a while ago because I thought it was redundant with the v1.03 download). Can't find the old patch either now, sorry.

Download TSE v1.03 to v1.04 Patch
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Axel. Thanks for informing me about this. It's a pain to lose the Hosttycoon link, it's been very helpful up until now. I'll have to go hunting for an alternative free file host. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have updated the links page with patches from 101to104 and 102to203. The 103to104 patch was a typo on my part on one of the three links in the table that I missed, sorry.
For the moment, I have uploaded TSE installer version 104 to http://www.thespiritengine.com/Files/TSE104.exe. I have to be very careful with the upload because even a handful of downloads via a hotlink from a 'free gamez!' site would be enough to sink this budget hosting plan, cost me a bunch and take this site offline. Sad
I'm also working on a version 105 to fix some crash issues with the old version of modfusion, but it's taking me a while. ( better 3 years late than never! )

PS - Thanks for the mirror Jimbob.
Mr Nobody
Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: BitTorrent Reply with quote
Maybe you could share the file via bit torrent. It's fast (if you have a lot of seeds), simple and free.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BT would be nice. Finding reliable seeds might be hard.

There seem to be a lot more free download sites available for this kind of use than there were 3 years ago though. I'm always slightly suspicious of them - they can't be fully paid for by adverts, surely? I'm still waiting for the catch...
Cdoublejj
Human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually there are free web servers like megaupload.com but they have to be downloaded ever so many days or the file is canned i'm currently upload TSE 1.04 there now i will post the link latter again totally free also none of the download links i mean none of them work
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for reminding me about the old Natomic site. I have gotten onto the FTP and changed the relevant links there to point to this site where the download links are working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: