Consider Kickstarter for The Spirit Engine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiavals
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Consider Kickstarter for The Spirit Engine? Reply with quote
In case you still read the forums, Mark, has it crossed your mind to do a kickstarter(or similar) for a new Spirit Engine game?

Now, I have no clue as to how many TSE fans exist in the world, but you might be able to generate interest for it, since many games that have gotten funding on Kickstarter are far inferior to your games.

Since both 1 and 2 are free, they can easily act as a proof of your work and might generate a high amount of trust to you as a developer. Kickstarter has a pretty high visibility these days, and the only thing lacking in Spirit Engine is visibility to the world. With Kickstarter, more people will know it exists, try the earlier games, perhaps fall in love and support the development of a third one.

Just a thought.
abhifx
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
its actually is a pretty good idea. but it looks like mark is no longer developing any games now. an open source push would have been cool too. but its mark's call.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Tiavals! Thanks for the post and the mail.

The popularity of Kickstarter is interesting. I've not followed it too closely, surely there will be some backlash once projects which people have funded start to fail due to developer laziness, corruption or genuine problems?

My free time at the moment is currently tied up with another project, an ongoing online graphic novel, which I'm delaying until the end of the year while I buffer more content.
I do sometimes entertain the idea of making TSE-3 though. It's been 5 years now since TSE-2 was released and I'm disappointed that ( to my knowledge ) there have been no 'copycat' games! Wink So it may still happen, but not for a couple more years at least.

Thanks very much for your support!

Mark

PS - The forums are still working and I do still check them, but I've killed user registration because of the number of spambots. Sad I'm not going to shut the forum down, but I also don't want to mess around with an upgrade and it's been a long time since I released any games, so it's going to stay very quiet here!
Tiavals
Human

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most unfortunate, but if you change your mind... Very Happy

Figured that it wouldn't hurt to try, since if you fail to reach the goal, you don't have to do anything, and if you do reach it, the future would be rosy. But I understand.

Best of luck with the graphic novel, be sure to make a thread somewhere here or send the forumites an email about it when it's ready!
Katios' Underpants
Human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excited to hear of this new project, Mark. Looking forward to it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: