2 musketeers and priest in crypt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: 2 musketeers and priest in crypt Reply with quote
I give up trying. Just tell me the proper strategy so I can move on. I'm playing locked Hard, Charlotte, Grace, Mericious. It's the third encounter that's giving me trouble, whether it is 2 Deep Masses + vampyre or Deep Mass + vampyre + piecemeal.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Veke. The best way to deal with the Deep Masses is to wear them down slowly, then spike them with a lot of damage when their health gets under 1000. Your best bet might be Enpower+Explosive shell, with some damage from the priest too if necessary, inbetween heals.

I'm not too well placed to advise you - I don't think I ever completed the Crypt on Hard myself!

Good luck! Smile
Veke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice, I finally made it through.

I totally overlooked Enpowder until now, though for some reason it doesn't seem to quite double the damage of Explosive Shell. (With level 10 the damage bonus was said to be 403 and level 4 Explosive Shell was 325)

But the crucial thing in taking out the Deep Masses is to time the attack that takes them below 1000 hp just after they do their attack, so they won't have time to launch a recover.
DesertDweller
Human

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been a while since I did the 2 musk + 1 priest combo, but I would probably have abused smokescreen for this section. Especially because the deep mass doubles on the smokescreen.

Probably would do an enpowdered strike combo with the other two for most of the time. As you said timing helps, like make sure it hits the same guy. (don't go when the piecemeal will move forward and block the way)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: