Brass & Steel won't render?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // Brass & Steel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alzxul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Brass & Steel won't render? Reply with quote
Hi,

First of all let me just say Brass & Steel is a great game! Had it running on my EEE PC fine and dandy, but have just tried to run it on my desktop and the game screen doesn't render.

The beige border appears, but the centre is just transparent - if I enable the music via the config file, then I can hear it when I run the game but still no visuals obviously.

Am running Windows XP SP3 on both platforms; any ideas on what the problem might be or how I might go around solving it?

I hope to see this game get even better as time goes on!
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Alzxul. The game relies on some windows libraries to pull in the desktop dimensions and resize the fullscreen window appropriately. It was a lot harder to get it working in MMF2 than I expected. Dual monitor setups and virtual desktops may screw with this approach.

I need to add custom settings for a windowed mode, and I'll aim to get this in the next release.

There's a non-DirectX version of the .exe you could try here, but I don't think it'll fix the problem and it'll run slow. Sad

http://www.thespiritengine.com/Brass&Steel/Files/Brass&Steel-nonHWA.exe
Alzxul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply; that non-DirectX version works a treat surprisingly enough. Not really any slower, but most importantly I can actually play Smile

Good luck with the future releases, my eyes shall be peeled for them!
DaveyJJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Mark! That link to the non HWA version of B&S runs perfectly fine in VirtualBox on OSX! Huzzah!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // Brass & Steel All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: