Quibbles and questions..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
znex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Quibbles and questions.. Reply with quote
Hi, I'm trying this game because some rave reviews recommended it.

There are a few minor oddities that it'd be great to have some light shed on:

1. How am I supposed to know what enemies are vulnerable/resistant to? Yes, I know I can mouse over them during battle, but it's kinda hard to formulate a battle strategy while getting pounded to a pulp - since I cannot seem to find any pause button!

Is it supposed to rely on trial and error and that eventually you just learn what works on what?

2. Is this a linear game or are there any choices to be made? Thus far it seems the game plays itself, and I'm just there to dish out the hurt and prevent the group from dying. I don't really have a say in what they do.

3. The first chapter was over so quickly. What's the average time for completing the game?

By the way, if I sound negative don't take it too hard. The game seems to have excellent production behind it, it's simply that I don't quite get or understand all of it Smile
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi znex. Very Happy I hope I can sort out your queries. Thanks for asking, I know that the initial presentation is lacking in some areas. Please let me know if you have any more questions afterwards.

1. You can pause the game using the controls in the bottom-right. It's #13 on the screenshot below.
There's four speeds, and the left-most is a pause. The game starts on speed 3 ( the rabbit ). There is a slower speed ( turtle ) that you may find more useful, especially after the first Chapter.
Most monsters are introduced in practise groups of 2, where they are easier to fight and assess.

2. Yes, the story is entirely linear. In this respect it's more JRPG than Western. The choices remain on the gameplay side.

3. The first Chapter is mainly an introduction and tutorial and is quite short. There's nine in total and all but 4 are longer than Chapter 2. Average completion time ( excluding reloads due to death ) seems to be around 13 hours.

znex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you! That sorted all my questions. Very Happy
Chandranath
Human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: the glacier breaking Reply with quote
how do i get past this part everytime i get into the first battle the enemys always seem to hold me there until the glacier breaks apart under us,ive tried it 5 times but cant seem to beat it should i go back and try to level higher? or hwat should i do?
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: the glacier breaking Reply with quote
Chandranath wrote:
how do i get past this part everytime i get into the first battle the enemys always seem to hold me there until the glacier breaks apart under us,ive tried it 5 times but cant seem to beat it should i go back and try to level higher? or hwat should i do?

Hi Chandranath!

I guess it should be possible to get past this without much levelling - whatīs your Party? Which skills got developed? Do you have refund points left? Whatīs the difficulty setting?
The idea is of course to gain quick victories and not to waste any time with defensive skills if possible.

Note that heavy armour (Blunderbuss) needs "special treatment" in order to get reasonable damage: override, charge, bless, enpowder. Multiple smaller hittings donīt do a lot of damage, they rise the damage percentage multiplier though and that can also be used. and so on... maybe tell us more about your team
Chandranath
Human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: the glacier breaking Reply with quote
ROD wrote:
Chandranath wrote:

Hi Chandranath!

I guess it should be possible to get past this without much levelling - whatīs your Party? Which skills got developed? Do you have refund points left? Whatīs the difficulty setting?
The idea is of course to gain quick victories and not to waste any time with defensive skills if possible.

Note that heavy armour (Blunderbuss) needs "special treatment" in order to get reasonable damage: override, charge, bless, enpowder. Multiple smaller hittings donīt do a lot of damage, they rise the damage percentage multiplier though and that can also be used. and so on... maybe tell us more about your team

hi uhh ok i guess ill list everything or as much as i can about my party...my party is the default party mericous,ferwin,grace

graces skills are 14 fortitude,14 aimed shot, 2 explosive shell,10 lucky shot,0 flashbang,0 enpowder,0 black bullet,0 smokescreen,14 highfire,4 lucky lady 0 skill points and 2 refund points Skill chain first row all lucky shot,Second row all aimed shot, Third row all high fire to target weakest enemy

ferwin's skilsl are 14 fortitude,7 hack,7 slay,0 thunderstrike 4 recover,0 brace,11 sword faith,0 fortify, 14 charge, 3 might /skill points are 0 and 13 refund points Skill chain First row charge,hack,charge,hack,slay,recover,recover,charge,hack
Second row
charge,swordfaith,charge,swordfaith,recover,recover,charge,swordfaith,recover (sword faith atacks nearest enemy)
Third row all brace

mericous 14 fortitude,14 strike,14 heal,14 chosen,0 blessing,0 sprite summon,0 damn,0 aurora,0 wrath,0 trick /3 free skill points 35 free refund points Skill chain First row all strike Second row all heal Third row all aurora

Want all my characters armor also?and all my characters are level 59 they turn 60 after the first fight after save
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok some quick thoughts:

Do you use skill chains? Maybe itīs more useful to select single skills depending on battle situations using pause button a lot.

For this fight try not to use any defensive skills. Most if the enemies attack the front row, so keep rotating.

Try to bring down these "Shamans" first (if there are any) using magic only thus avoidng the chi-shield (Swordfaith and Lucky shot, maybe some skill points to wrath wouldnīt hurt)

I think youīve put too much points infortitude, seems better to boost other skills.

If youīre not playing on absurd or hard this shouldnīt be too difficult!
Chandranath
Human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: the glacier breaking Reply with quote
the sad/pathetic thing about this is im on easy i haev ben focusing on noting but offensive attacks since i got on the glacier nad im still loseing and well i only put in fortitude alot cause boss fights need quite a bit of health ot stay live dureing and the battle after the point of no return in the glacier there is a iceeni and 2 blunderbuss creatures who look like the abominable snowman they refuse to go down
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, thatīs what I propose:

1.: - get Wrath on lvl 14 pulling from all the other skills
- get sword faith on lvl 14 pulling from fortitude, hack, recover
- get lucky shot on lvl 12 with the 2 remaining feund points pulling from health

2.: The Iceeni has priority because of his freeze skill, no problem with lucky shot and (charged) swordfaith, but wrath works only for front row enemies. Good luck with that and also that he doesnīt freeze Grace or Ferwin in the beginning...

3.:If thereīs only yetis left, Iīd recommend a single black bullet (ethereal armour is low and damage dealt is pretty high even with lvl 0) before turning to aimed shot, I guess the high level swordfaith might be better than slay (despite the large enemy bonus) but donīt use that anyway without charge unless his health is down already . With two Yetis be careful to take them one after the other - so always pause the skills to be sure you donīt get the "wrong" one who might be attacking (for this, swordfaith is much better than slay). If there are two and they swith position before one falls you have to use high fire and swordfaith to avoid enemy recovering.

Good luck!
Chandranath
Human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: the glacier breaking Reply with quote
thax ill try to do that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: