Game creation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // Brass & Steel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemiImp
Human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Game creation Reply with quote
Is it me or does the custom map section just not work at all? I set things up, have 3 people on my side, increase my points (whatever that does) and start the game and... I have 1 other ally and 2 enemies?

I'm confused Sad
DemiImp
Human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well maybe the points thing is working? I'm not sure, I havent played around with it enough. But the team thing doesn't seem to work.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, I think you may need admin priveleges for the game ( or run it from a folder like "my docs" )
I couldn't get the global memory setup for the extension to work properly, so the game dumps the level seed data to a file and reloads it when the level loads, rather than holding it in memory between frames.
If the app doesn't have write priveleges, it can't write the file, so there's nothing to read in to overwrite the randomised default settings when the level starts.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scratch that! It's just buggy. Smile The 'faction divider' settings don't seem to save, and there's a shortage of GUI objects.

I'll look at getting this fixed up for the next release. I've only been using 2/2 setups for testing so far.
DemiImp
Human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahh, ok. I was going to say "Admin privilages? On xp?" lol.

This is really the first time I've played one of these tactics games. It's quite hard, probably because I haven't had any kind of tutorial to teach me correct strategies. The past 2 games I've played I basically just charged right in and attacked the enemies without setting them up in some kind of strategic form. I haven't really abused long-range weapons. I haven't been able to figure out if range affects accuracy or any of the underlying details :p
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I need to add a lot more in-game documentation!

Range does affect both accuracy and armour penetration.
Thanks for trying the game. Do please let me know any other feedback or thoughts you might have, as I intend to keep working on it. I may also adapt the engine for use in another setting in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // Brass & Steel All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: