Arachnid's Grove--- helllpp!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raito-tse
Human

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Arachnid's Grove--- helllpp!!! Reply with quote
Uhm, that freaking monster keeps catching up with me. Should I continue building up my levels so I can end the battles faster? Or if not, any tips?

Edit: That's it. I give up. I've gone through this area more than 10 times and each time, I keep getting killed. And my party level is like Level 19 already. Oh, sod this.
Raito-tse
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah well, I realised that I must've messed up party's spell lists pretty badly so I restarted the game. Now, I'm back in Serephit Bastion. This time, I'm gonna outrun you, you slimy monster!!! Twisted Evil
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Who is in your Party and what skills did you develop?
Raito-tse
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Edit: Just gained a few levels again.

Peter, Zepher and the Casa something gal.

Peter: Magic Bullet lvl 3, Sharpshoot lvl 4, Rifle Attack lvl 5, Speed Fire lvl 2, Dynamite Lvl 3, Lasso lvl 1.

Zepher: Party Bless lvl 2, Spook Summon lvl 4, Holy Bolt lvl 1, Party Recharge lvl 4, Hand of God lvl 2, Party Heal lvl 5, Rifle Attack lvl 1(Can't remember if this skill was already learnt when I chose this character)

Casa something: Celestial Lightning Lvl 5, Rainbow lvl 2, Life Drain lvl 1, Chain Magic lvl 4, Kinetic Shield Lvl 4, Magic Shield lvl 3

*sighs* I hope the characters are okay. If not, I'm not sure if I want to restart the game a fourth time.
chaos-tse
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not advisable to assign your skill points to many different skills with the same character. You'll be much weaker that way. Follow the strategy in the walkthrough posted here and you will have no difficulties with this part of the game, or any other.
Raito-tse
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chaos-tse wrote:
It's not advisable to assign your skill points to many different skills with the same character. You'll be much weaker that way. Follow the strategy in the walkthrough posted here and you will have no difficulties with this part of the game, or any other.
Edit: In the end, I couldn't get away from this game. :p I'm addicted... ><;;

Yeah, I took a look at the skill guides and the walkthrough. I guess I'll concentrate most of my skillpoints on 1 skill and a few other points on another side skill instead of choosing 3 to 4. Like about 10 points on healing and the rest on HOTG or Spook Summon.

Damnit, I guess it's going to be a bit difficult to play with a mage, a priest and a gunman, eh? >>;;

btw, does anyone know what's the maximum level you can gain?
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Highest skill level is 30.
You don?t have to start all over again- if you manage to finish World 2 - at beginning of world 3 you are able to reset your skillpoints (but only one time).

I would advise to develop only one defensive skill (Zephers Healing or Eissfords Shield).
Healing is more effective but the Shield looks better (I tink)....
Raito-tse
Human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, it's too bad. I don't have any save games from the reset point. Anyways, I'm in the desert right now, trying to beat Grendael. I'm just hoping I can beat it before I tear apart the computer with a hammer. =P

Anyways, unable to inflict or absorb enough damage is one thing. The other thing is that it's getting frustratingly slow in accumulating credits: over 3 hours of battles and only 350 credits when I badly needed to upgrade my armour! Not even enough to save more than 1 to 2 save slots! The game must really hate me. Sad

I really hope that in TSE2, you can reset your skill points at any place but for a price. At least, anyone who screws up in any point of the game can fix it.

Edit: This is it. I'm tired of trying to fix screwed up stats. Good riddance, TSE!
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OH MAN, THAT?S SAD!!

Are you sure you tried all possible strategies for Granael?
In my first TSE-Experience I also chose the "wrong" skills and needed so many tries not only for the big enemies but it worked in the end, and that wouldn?t have been that great if it hadn?t been so damn hard Wink

Did you notice Granael has only magical attacks, so any armour is of no use! The mana pool protects against magic, thats why that mana pool amulet is great for that fight and also any items that make damage.
Raito-tse
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I've tried the below tactics so far and no, I didn't realise that the armor doesn't protect my characters from magic attacks(damnit... lol):

a) Started destroying the gruntlings by using HOTG, Power shot and Rainbow. Then, I set Zephyr to keep healing mainly(while pummeling every now and then with HOTG). Meanwhile my mage keeps up a magic shield and takes a shot now and then with Rainbow(Man, I had to put points in life drain which takes too darn long to cast!). Well, my party died out before Granael's health dwindled below 700 to 1000.

b) Also tried this: use HOTG, powershot and rainbow for the minions. Then, started using priest to heal while rifleman keeps shooting and mage keeps blasting. Nope, didn't work either.

c) I managed to look up the old forum from archive.org ,so using some tips, I experimented equipping one of the characters with the mana pool talismen. I tried swapping the talisman around. And also killing the minions and then recharging for a while. It worked but I can never kill the beast even though it usually has like 50 to 100 health left!

There's probably at least 3 to 5 more strategies I've tried. I just don't remember.

I guess my greatest problems are the freaking magical attacks and limited mana. Also, I can't gain anymore xp from the monsters in the tomb and the desert, so levelling is out! I'm like level 42 anyways.
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, if you get it down to 100 HP you should be able to make it!
So you have the mana pool talisman - great! Do you also have the creepy mystic mantle, protection against normal/energy attacks is only 4 (that doesn?t count against granael anyway), but it turns damage into mana!
It would help a lot!

Keep Zephyr healing right from the beginning, HotG is expensive- better no pummeling!
The rest attacks!
edit: what are your skill scores and wahat items do you still have (favoured drapes are good here) e.g.)?
Raito-tse
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hah!!!! I haven't bought the creepy mantle but I should get it then! :lol: Thanks, dude. Just going to keep trying!! :p

Edit: I don't have the favoured drapes anymore. I'm starting to wish I knew how to edit the .ini files to do some "quick cheating". :p I kinda regret deleting it from the inventory.

Skills

Edward: Powershot(25)/Dynamite(3)/Magic Bullet(5)/Mana(8)/Rifle Attack(1)/Recover(1)/SpeedFire(1)
Zepher: HOTG(25)/Spook Summon(4)/Party Heal(8)/Mana(8)/Party Recharge(1)/Rifle Attack(1)
Eissford: Rainbow(27)Kinetic Smash(1)/Life Drain(4)/Mana(9)/Kinetic Shield(1)/Magic Shield(1)

Oh yeah, in another save slot, I had 1 free point from levelling. I wonder if I should've put that free point into Party Bless instead of Mana or Heal.

Items

Peter: Fullmetal jacket/Hunting Rifle/Emerald Talisman of blood
Zepher: Shotgun/fullmetal jacket/Pearl Talisman of heart
Eissford: Arcane granite robes/Opal Talisman of surging mana pool
Inventory items: Spider silk overcoat x 2/crystal talisman of trickling mana pool/emerald talisman of blood/Oaken armor

Bah, I got killed again. 3 times so far. This game is not fun anymore.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry the game ended up like that for you Raito. It annoys me too when games just get so hard towards the end that they stop being fun to play.

( It's of no use to you now but there are difficulty settings in TSE-2. )

Those battles in W4 turned out to be the worst bottleneck in the game. Basing monster stats on party level was not a good idea.
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I?d say it should be easy beating Granael with Powershot/Healing/Rainbow but then...I guess I never had to fight Granael being on such a high Level...I wasn?t aware that some enemies obviously get a lot stronger Confused
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Granael, Tza Tze and the Pocket Dimension creatures all have part of their health, armour and damage stats derived from the party level.
The idea ( with good intentions!) was that since the order you could do the three quests in was variable, they would adjust to try and provide a constant difficulty, rather than the first one you attempt being too hard / normal and the following ones being too easy because you've levelled up.

In reality, I think the party level contribution was too high, and I should have just used a 2/3 step arrangement for the stats, to allow for some amount of power levelling as a means to make them easier, rather than harder.
Also, difficulty levels and easier skill refunds. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: