Patch 1.03 candidate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Patch 1.03 candidate Reply with quote
I have finished work on the 1.03 patch. I've been testing it myself, but once again I would be grateful to anyone who feels like installing it, playing normally and letting me know if anything unusual occurs.

As with the last two patch candidates, if you decide to install it, please make sure that you have your original installer and/or 1.02 directory backed up. Installing the patch will not affect your save games.

Link:
http://www.thespiritengine.com/Files/TSE2Patches/Patch-TSE2-102-to-103.exe

Change List for TSE-2 version 1.03
---------------------------------------------------

Bug Fixes:
----------------
- Fixed an issue that prevented the death of a boss in Chapter 6 from registering as a victory.
- Fixed an issue with Smokescreen placement in a battle at the end of Chapter 4.
- Fixed Darak's movement stutter.
- Fixed a timer-related issue that could occur if the game was left minimized.
- Fixed some other miscellaneous minor issues and typos.

Changes:
--------------
- Explosive Shell and Staggering Blow have received a small damage boost.
- Flashbang stun length is increased by 17%

Additions:
---------------
- Added a save point to a level in Chapter 5

Last edited by Mark Pay on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
epitts11
Human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got a bug! Razz I was able to fight Urtat just fine my first time through the game, I was running v1.01. But on v1.03, when I choose to fight him at the circus it automatically goes to "DEFEAT", and I can't do anything except exit to the menu.

EDIT: Actually, this occurs at ANY fight I try to take place in. I found that if I press "space" to rotate my characters, the battle kind of starts. It still says "DEFEAT," most of the battle GUI is missing, and if I click anywhere it acts as if I died.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh heck. Sad
It's occuring for certain script-triggered battles but only just after loading a savegame. When I was testing I played for long periods at a time and so never spotted it.

I am sorry for this inconvenience. I will have to recall this patch.
If you installed the first test release of 1.03, please uninstall and then reinstall and patch your game. ( this will not affect your savegames )

I have updated the 1.03 patch link to the latest version with this problem fixed.
Thanks again for looking at the patch. I hope this hasn't caused you too much trouble. With so much theoretically to test after even the smallest of changes, I need outside help to get them checked.
epitts11
Human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's no problem, I'm glad I could help!

EDIT: I installed the new patch and everything's working fine. I'll let you know if I encounter any other bugs!
Myrph
Human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dammit... I appear to have lost the installer and my password for re-downloading the installer expired on saturday (what luck...), so I've no way of fixing my game... Is there any chance of a backwards patch or something I can do with my game instead of uninstalling it?
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Myrph. It would probably be best if I sent you a new version of the installer.
PM me with your name and Order number, and we'll figure out the best way of doing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: