Patch 1.02 candidate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Patch 1.02 candidate Reply with quote
I have finished work on the 1.02 patch and would be grateful to anyone who could install it, keep playing normally and let me know if anything unusual occurs.

As with 1.01, if you decide to install this new patch now, please make sure that you have your original installer and/or 1.01 directory backed up. Installing the patch will not affect your save games.

Link:
http://www.thespiritengine.com/Files/TSE2Patches/Patch-TSE2-101-to-102.exe

Change List for TSE-2 version 1.02
----------------------------------------------

Bug Fixes:
--------------
- Fixed an issue with two early bosses becoming untargetted if attacked whilst untargettable.
- Fixed an issue which caused some enemy attacks to hit multiple times whilst the game was paused.
- Fixed an issue which caused an enemy projectile to stop moving in Chapter 8.
- Fixed an issue which could cause an enemy at the end of Chapter 9 to revive.
- Fixed an incorrect calculation of enemy chi in a battle near the end of Chapter 8.
- Fixed an issue introduced in 1.01 which could cause movement problems at the start of the first level.
- Fixed some other miscellaneous minor issues and typos.

Additions:
---------------
- Targeted assistant skills can now be given a target from the radial popup menu.

Last edited by Mark Pay on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"An enemy at the end of Chapter 9"? You might as well just say "The final boss"; it's not like you'd be spoiling everyone's surprise by revealing that the game has a final boss.
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to dobulepost, I want these bugs seen.

First bug: After closing the lid to my laptop while the game was paused on the victory screen, and leaving it like that for a while, I came back to find my thunderstrikes and lucky shots instantly hit all enemies on screen as soon as they were used, rather than the normal delay as they move across the screen. I know I've closed my laptop on the game before without this so I think it's new. It only affected those two attacks, as far as I could see. Second, although the corners of the screen came back the game did not remove the "enclosed space" effect in time to fight the crone. I KNOW this is new, because I've fought her using swordfaith before.

Finally, and I forgot to take a screenshot of this, when fighting Silas Grouch and his goons, I tried to use smokescreen twice. The first time (I forget where Grace was standing) it rolled all the way off the screen without stopping or activating, and the second time (with grace in the middle) it rolled up to Ferwin and stopped right under his feet, functioning but hidden from sight by his sprite. I don't know if these are new or not.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reports Brickman. I don't think these are the result of the 1.02 changes. I'll take a look at them.
epitts11
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The bug with Smokescreen that you described, Brickman, has happened to me prior to this update. It occurred for me when fighting the four Thugs at the docks or wherever in Porto Vale (At least I think that's where it was... I have a horrible memory) Anyway, when I tried to use Smokescreen in that battle, it would occasionally just roll off-screen and not activate. Could it be because there was more than 3 enemies?
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm fairly sure I know what's causing it.

epitss11 - did you delete your post about swordfaith in Chapter 8? I was looking at the code, scratching my head, when I realised it was caused by the environmental effect that causes 20% of single target ranged attacks to fail. Your post was gone when I came back here though.

Last edited by Mark Pay on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
epitts11
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha...... Yeah, I did. Because after playing some more, I realized the same thing! Razz
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, phew. Very Happy Thanks for the report.
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
As I said, I was unsure about the thug bug but I KNOW that the other two, especially the crone bug, were new to this version.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that both were in version 1.00

The 'Enclosed Space' bug is thankfully just a visual issue - the level is still correctly tagged and Swordfaith and Highfire work.
I don't know why the 'Enclosed Space' inidcator isn't set to fade out any more, but I haven't touched that code since release.

The instant hit bug sounds like an issue with MMF2's internal timing system. Thunderstrike and Lucky Shot are almost the only events in the game that run off the clock instead of the main event loop. Perhaps the MMF2 runtime is going crazy running 'catch-up' timer events after being left idle for a long time. I'll see if I can replicate it here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: