Why isn't TSE 2 in pixel art?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asdaa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Why isn't TSE 2 in pixel art? Reply with quote
So man I just saw some pics for TSE 2 and whaat? It looks so ugly, why isn't the art style same as the first? Razz
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The large majority of the graphics in the game remain pure pixel art. I prefer the new style and it suits the tone of the game better.
Nillo
Human

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could've phrased that better, it is very rude to just call it ugly after such an amount of work... and I have to say that, in my opinion, the art in TSE2 is a great improvement over the first game. I'm sorry you don't like it, but I do. Smile
TeeGee
Human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I love it too. There were quite several locations where I just stared for a while on the screen and appreciated the detail that went into the art.
Strawin
Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recall thinking something similar to the original poster when I saw the first screenshots. I didn't like them too much.

But that was only because they were different than those in TSE 1, they didn't have an outline and the characters were, at first glance, a bit hard to tell from the background.

But nooo! I was too used to TSE 1 to really see the beauty of them. The graphics are great, you just need to see them in motion to appreciate them fully. The details alone are amazing. And of course, the game art IS pixelart, that's quite obvious, so I'm not sure what the original poster had in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: