AWESOME!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulmyst
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: AWESOME!!! Reply with quote
Mark, Josh....Congrats!!!

This is simply amazing work from both of you. TSE-1 had some of my all time fav soundtracks and graphics but TSE-2...well I'm speechless!

So much I like about the game but here are some things that really stand out:

Difficulty (playing hard, locked) and yes, difficult but makes fights much more tactical and enjoyable. Just the way I like it.

Running wow this is a really nice improvement over TSE-1

Stand of / Challenge mini games hope this is the way to decribe it (ppl wil know what I mean after Underport)

Varied amount of encounters + monsters Always been a sucker for a nice array of different enemies to fight (and go back and fight them again hehe)

I'm not even very far in the game and already fell in-love with the music and graphics. Well worth every cent and I hope lots of people support your work buy buying the game.

P.S Mark, please check whats wrong with http://www.thespiritengine.com vs. http://thespiritengine.com = typing in the browser without the www. gies me the old website where there is no links to TSE-2 or means to buy it. I had to use the link in the forum to access the buy page?
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
P.S Mark, please check whats wrong with http://www.thespiritengine.com vs. http://thespiritengine.com = typing in the browser without the www. gies me the old website where there is no links to TSE-2 or means to buy it. I had to use the link in the forum to access the buy page?

This is probably just a cache-issue - the problem should be resolved by viewing the website and holding down shift and clicking refresh in firefox - or emptying the cache in others. (:

Thanks for the nice compliments by the way! Very Happy
LachlanDavis
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personally my favourite thin (appart from tha catchy moosic of course) is all the detail in the background, Like in world 2 with the marching people.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Soulmyst. I'm excited that you feel so positive about the game! Very Happy Josh has done an amazing job on the soundtrack, I love it to bits.

Hard and Locked for the first play-through? You are a brave man sir, and I tip my hat to you! Let us know how you get on, I'm hoping that 'hard' mode lives up to its name.

As Josh said, I suspect that the address issues may be to do with caching. Both should point to the same server and they seem to be up to date when accessed from my browser.

Lachlan - I would have dearly liked to add more background detail, especially for the town areas. It takes a surprising amount of time though.
Soulmyst
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lachlan I totally agree, the background detail is nice. The parallax scrolling in cities = superb

Hard Difficulty Update:

Porto Vale om my word, got a nice beating and tactics really played a huge part. trying to get into overdrive with skills was tricky as hell.

Also, random monster spawns!! How nice to go back for some xp to find some different monster combos.

-------------------------

Really starting to appreciate the dialog and storyline with characters after Porto Vale!

-------------------------

P.S yes, using shift to refresh loads the page correctly now (how could I forget?!) testament to old age creeping in seeing as how I went looking all over the damn place for the soundtrack I bought on Josh's site.....just to find out that I saved it in the middle of nowhere under my laptop drivers folder??!! I need coffee...
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also agree background details and the new effects(especialy screen-shake)are very good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: